Ford Focus RS Forum banner
4601 - 4620 of 4650 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Installed Zencarbonfiber mirror caps today pretty happy with how it looks! The car officially has a “look” now View attachment 360073
View attachment 360072
How do like the Seibon TV style hood so far? Have you noticed any major drop in under hood & IAT temps? Did you coat it with a UV blocker before install? I notice you didnt install any recommended hood pins, have you noticed any flutter at high speeds (120+) or worry about opening? I was on the waitlist for one of these and I see they are finally back in stock with the price jacked up by almost $500 but I think it is one of the best looking and most functional of all the designs out there.

·
Registered
60 Posts
How do like the Seibon TV style hood so far? Have you noticed any major drop in under hood & IAT temps? Did you coat it with a UV blocker before install? I notice you didnt install any recommended hood pins, have you noticed any flutter at high speeds (120+) or worry about opening? I was on the waitlist for one of these and I see they are finally back in stock with the price jacked up by almost $500 but I think it is one of the best looking and most functional of all the designs out there.
I love how it looks would probably give it a 8/10 that’s mainly because the sides of the hood how it fits on the fenders seems uneven. I didn’t install myself so could possibly be the shop I took it to didn’t do the best job. Have only owned it a few months but put a ceramic coating on it instantly so far so good. The hood slits have rain guards under the hood & living in Florida I rarely take them off but when I do under hood is definitely much colder than normal. I paid 1195$ after tax with free shipping. Could possibly find better deal I’m not too sure. I haven’t gone over 120+ yet lol need to adjust the pre load on my wga so not as fast as I want to be rn but would say at about 90-100 mph haven’t noticed anything. Now you have me wanting hood pins 🤣

·
Premium Member
8,038 Posts
Molex extension? You mean for the hazards button? The cable routing for that can just be moved to allow for the different location.
Yep, i recall a member was offering an extension since some members that their cable is a bit snug.

Good to know that's not really the case

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
everyone's favorite 🥳 short shifter plate/arm install today.
that pin was NOT budging the normal tap-out direction (towards the firewall).
then realized there was just enough room to get a small hammer behind it (due to small braille battery) and tap it towards the intercooler. came out real easy.

Tire Wheel Crankset Automotive tire Motor vehicle

out with the old and heavy oem shifter arm and cobb plate.
Sleeve Musical instrument Grey Wood Guitar accessory

in with the new light mountune arm. easier / lighter shifting.
Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Automotive tire Rim

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hectic couple of weeks for the RS! Gave it a deep spring cleaning, then took.it to the track where I set my fastest lap time, then got it very dirty indeed. Cleaned it up again and took it to a wedding where it got lots of compliments, then finally got my ETS ic and piping installed today after waiting most of the winter.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Vehicle registration plate
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
919 Posts
Took it to the dealership to have a leaky RDU seal replaced. $50 deductible vs the $ for seal ($40) and a page worth of other necessary parts. No brainer.

Something I thought was interesting looking up the repair procedure was if you replace a rear axle it needs to be programed to the RDU. 😳 Programming the RDU to it’s controller seems logical. The axle seems odd.

Funny thing, the dealership porter I gave my keys to couldn’t drive manual and had to find someone who could. Every time I see a crazy brake/clutch lock or wheel lock advertised in Europe, I think how in the US a manual trans alone is an effective theft deterrent 😜

·
Registered
2016 RS2
432 Posts
Decided randomly to plug in the AP….
thought something was off….
Light Fluid Communication Device Font Gadget

So… changed the spark plugs…they should have been changed a long time ago..
Product Body jewelry Nickel Finger Silver

checked, and marked coolant level… ill check back in a day or 2…while i was in there, put new gear clamps on my intake..
Now looking at a battery….
Cleared the codes, took it for a little drive..put some new gas in…. so far nothing has come back.. I’ll find out more tomorrow on the drive to work
Automotive fuel system Hood Motor vehicle Automotive air manifold Vehicle

4601 - 4620 of 4650 Posts