Ford Focus RS Forum banner
4281 - 4300 of 4340 Posts

·
Registered
2017 SG RS1
1,464 Posts
@Max @morbid @Sickflo_rs

UPDATE:
Got my car back from the dealer today. They ended replacing the PTU halfshaft seal and the halfshaft itself. Now I have the updated seal that should hopefully hold for a good while.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Auto part Nut Metal

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exhaust Vehicle brake Rim

The dealer also did the overnight pressure test on the cooling system. They said it didn't drop at all???? So where is the coolant going then???? I'm thinking of picking up a pressure tester like this: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01M0HD...olid=309UGVDVQSU0U&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it. That way, I can at least see it for myself.

HOWEVER, now I have a BIGGER problem that I didn't have before taking the car to the dealer, and would think should be completely unrelated to the work the dealer did. To avoid double posting, here is a link to my issue with now a hunting idle and stalling: Rough Idle (Hunting) & Stalling After Dealer Visit...

Anybody got any input?

·
Registered
2,383 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Black RS
527 Posts
Looks good @320icar ... and they stick out far enough to not burn the rest of your bumper!

I'll have to keep that in mind. I was asking if they were cp-e because the cp-e tips my exhaust came with don't stick out as far as I'd like.

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
Getting oil change and rear pads replaced and rotors resurfaced.

Waited for 2 hrs for the rear pads.

Reactions: big jim

·
Registered
128 Posts
Getting oil change and rear pads replaced and rotors resurfaced.

Waited for 2 hrs for the rear pads.
What mileage are you at? Did you turn off traction control fully during drives and remove hill assist? Drive car hard often?

I have a theory that the hill assist and traction control use the brakes and that maybe partially why we get torque steer.

·
Registered
2017 Black RS
527 Posts
changed the cabin air filter for the first time in 2 years.... I think.

All I know is... Whoever designed where the filter goes in this car, needs a kick in the ****.
I change mine every other oil change, because it's just more dusty here. While I'm doing it I start to think it isn't too bad, then I change the cabin filter on my daughters 2011 Edge and quickly remember just how easy the RS should be. They for sure could have made the RS easier.

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
What mileage are you at? Did you turn off traction control fully during drives and remove hill assist? Drive car hard often?

I have a theory that the hill assist and traction control use the brakes and that maybe partially why we get torque steer.
35,150 miles. Only turn off the traction control when I go to the canyons. I leave the hill assist.

Looks pretty good:

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Hood

Proper bedding has been done.

changed the cabin air filter for the first time in 2 years.... I think.

All I know is... Whoever designed where the filter goes in this car, needs a kick in the ****.

Yep.... Do the cabin filter to most other cars, open and drop the glove compartment. Pop the cabin filter cover off and replace.

Reactions: lvevo

·
Registered
392 Posts
Yep.... Do the cabin filter to most other cars, open and drop the glove compartment. Pop the cabin filter cover off and replace.
I have one in the trunk ready to be replaced but since I need to be an extortionist to do it - I've been postponing it for 3 months already. At least with the trick to squeeze it in the middle so that I don't disconnect the harness it's a bit less of an adventure.

·
Registered
2017 Black RS
527 Posts
Just make sure you slide the passenger seat all the way back and it's fine. The biggest worry I have when doing it is to be careful not to loose any debris from the old filter, into the filter housing.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I've done it a few times already so it's now down to 15 minutes or so - I just don't enjoy doing it. And this year fire season ended up being milder than usual so I'm sure there isn't as urgent need to do it yet (last replaced summer 2020)

·
Premium Member
989 Posts
finished up with the rear strut bar install (side mounts & reinstall rear cabin hatch sides). had to find a new drill bit kit cuz the auto skills center had some very dull bits and it took me 20 mins to drill just 1 hole through the side fender. just 10 mins to drill the last 3 holes with new / sharp bit. 10mm heavy duty bolts / nuts / washers on the tops and sides for extra support.
the fender carpet cut-outs are a little big / sloppy...but i'm not worried about it. the brace feels great when hard cornering. @Shimmer produced nice n snug strut & rdu braces...and also was nice enough to provide good directions for install.
Gas Bumper Electric blue Auto part Metal

Motor vehicle Car Vehicle Automotive design Seat belt

Hood Vehicle Trunk Motor vehicle Automotive tire

then this poor tired rat fur tray was addressed. but she's hanging in there..."literally" :LOL: zip-tied to the cross bar
original oem tray...58.7K miles and 5 winter seasons.
Automotive tire Grey Rectangle Bumper Wood

winterfied!!! 🥶 raptor racing summer tray with air ducts. just sprayed it quick with some flat black can spray.
scratched the fresh paint holding it up with the oil catcher tank...not worried. the supplied RR hardware is G2G for light to medium snow environments. very easy install. the turbo duct tip is about 2mm off the mountune hot charge pipe.
i got a boomba 80dm rear motor mount...so the pipe isn't gonna flex down hardly at all.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting

then resurrected the crank case breather cap. it was spitting oil when i installed it...so i removed it. but then i seen a few folks using socks to wrap the tip...so i strapped one on too 😆 works great. that's why i love this forum. engine bay is in serious need of some @GmpaJimj treatment (needs to be cleaned)..but it's daily driven, so once again...i'm not worried. lastly...emptied the pcv can...which has been consistently doing it's job since install at 23k miles (new head @ 19k).
Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Vehicle Auto part Automotive design

·
Premium Member
2016 SG RS2
225 Posts
After a year or so of debating in my head and reading I purchased the DSC suspension controller. I recently installed the Massive Front and Rear strut bars, Summit Rear subframe 4 Point brace , 4 point Exhaust Tunnel Brace, Front wishbone 2 point brace, and the 3 point front lower side plates.

Definitely tightenes the car but I feel more of the Pogo effect. It wasn't too bad before with the Eibach sport springs, Whiteline sway bars and end links but definitely notice it more now.

Install is straight forward except with the Rear Strut bar. Had to remove that to be able to pull the carpet back enough. Not fun..lol

Taking car out this morning and see how much of a difference it makes. Hope all the glitches DSC had are worked out. If not they are only about 45 minutes from my house.

I finally replaced the crappy Ford rear liscene bracket with the BMW bracket. So much better.

Winter project is installing the Silicone Hoses.
16 Peice Silicone Hose Kit

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Had to source a 2.75 in silicon 90 deg coupler to connect my cp-e methcharge pipe to my mishimoto i\c
Std cp-e hose too small you have to spend another $95 to buy another hose kit, ending buying a universal coupler for 1/4 of that price

4281 - 4300 of 4340 Posts