Ford Focus RS Forum banner
4141 - 4160 of 4176 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts

Lowered the rear 3/4” - adjusted camber to 2.4fr/2.4R put rear sway on hard// installed girodisc 2 piece rears and hawk HP plus pads. Literally gained almost 2 mpg(on E85 which is a lot )with front and rear rotors. Tested with cruise control at 70 mph on a 25mi drive to work - hwy. never thought I’d drive a low car again but it has happened.

16 Ford Focus RS Grey
Eibach Sways /Adamtuned Auxfuel Kit/ Cobb AdamTuned/ Dsc Sport Controller/ Radium PcV CC./ K+N air filter//Full Race IC// Tune Plus Turbosmart IWG/ E76/ NGK LTR7BHX (95605) 1-step colder Ruthenium Spark Plugs/UPR Cc breather// DynoJet 8-Run Avg (417.23wtq/399.26whp)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
so 3 weeks ago...my left front brake hose popped...spit all the fluid instantly....zero brake pressure.
had to have the car towed to a german ford car care center. i live downtown and can't work on the car without driving it on base to the auto skills center.
slow as f service. took them a week just to look at what part broke. they ordered...waited..waited.
i called EBC in UK and had them send all 4 corners braided hoses (took 5 days including customs import) not bad.
had the tie rods replaced and an alignment while in shop.
picked her up today...after driving a 2016 fiesta se for 3 weeks....lol. wow.
positive outlook is; i feel like i'm driving a super car again. and the slow shop did a good job. they even gave me tax free service...30%

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts

Lowered the rear 3/4” - adjusted camber to 2.4fr/2.4R put rear sway on hard// installed girodisc 2 piece rears and hawk HP plus pads. Literally gained almost 2 mpg(on E85 which is a lot )with front and rear rotors. Tested with cruise control at 70 mph on a 25mi drive to work - hwy. never thought I’d drive a low car again but it has happened.

16 Ford Focus RS Grey
Eibach Sways /Adamtuned Auxfuel Kit/ Cobb AdamTuned/ Dsc Sport Controller/ Radium PcV CC./ K+N air filter//Full Race IC// Tune Plus Turbosmart IWG/ E76/ NGK LTR7BHX (95605) 1-step colder Ruthenium Spark Plugs/UPR Cc breather// DynoJet 8-Run Avg (417.23wtq/399.26whp)

If you don’t drag your belly once in awhile, it ain’t low enough.
Crocodile Nile crocodile Reptile Crocodilia American alligator

·
Registered
2018 NB LE
52 Posts
Technically yesterday and today, but installed the following:
  • Mountune Intercooler and pipes
  • Mountune radiator and hoses
  • Radium baffle plate, PCV and CCV catch cans
  • Radium coolant expansion tank

Holy crap what an adventure and I was still shocked it fired right up with zero codes or issues. Still burping the cooling system as the expansion tank is always empty once the engine completely cools off but I drained about 1.4 gallons and I have put a little over 1.25 back in so I've got to be getting close.

It really sucks that there are basically no videos/install guides on installing the radiator. I was able to figure it out and took some pictures but I am terrible at writing down steps after the fact. I would highly recommend having a second set of hands for lowering/raising the radiator and the intercooler. The radiator is awkward to slide back in behind the condenser but the intercooler is HEAVY and you have to tilt it in just right to get it into place.

Light Line Rectangle Composite material Gas
Fixture Rectangle Red Composite material Wood
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Car Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Car Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Premium Member
6,541 Posts
@spithead051 , were you able to find the gold coolant or you used yellow?

I would think the coolant capacity might increase a little, but you did replace the expansion tank.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts

16 Ford Focus RS Grey

You can't do that.....Sebastian Vettel aka @Tongue Twinster will have kittens again.
ROFL

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
I would highly recommend having a second set of hands for lowering/raising the radiator and the intercooler. The radiator is awkward to slide back in behind the condenser but the intercooler is HEAVY and you have to tilt it in just right to get it into place.

View attachment 354963
Oooof! I am getting serious PTSD just seeing this pic from when I did my Mountune IC install solo...

·
Registered
2018 NB LE
52 Posts
@spithead051 , were you able to find the gold coolant or you used yellow?

I would think the coolant capacity might increase a little, but you did replace the expansion tank.
I used yellow, Ford/Motorcraft has said there is no interaction and with the amount that drained out, I am not worried about it. Honestly, if it didn't say YELLOW on the bottle, I would think it was green.

Capacity is definitely increased, 160 ml in the expansion tank and then unknown on the radiator itself, it defintely has larger end tanks so it should hold more.

Oooof! I am getting serious PTSD just seeing this pic from when I did my Mountune IC install solo...
So am I and I finished it this morning. Buddy who was supposed to help bailed last minute so I just nutted up and did it with my jack stand friends.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
So am I and I finished it this morning. Buddy who was supposed to help bailed last minute so I just nutted up and did it with my jack stand friends.
I specifically recall sitting there on the floor, covered in sweat, IC on my lap, neck and shoulders burning, bloody knuckles for a good 10 mins contemplating my life choices which led me to that point...

·
Registered
2018 NB LE
52 Posts
I specifically recall sitting there on the floor, covered in sweat, IC on my lap, neck and shoulders burning, bloody knuckles for a good 10 mins contemplating my life choices which led me to that point...
I had a few of those moments.... and my hands look like I lost a fight with a cat, the fins on the condenser are sharp!

·
Registered
2017 SG RS1
1,408 Posts
Ditto. Took a good while before I decided to give my arms a rest and call Mountune. It was then I learned I had to drop the radiator a little to fit the fatter intercooler.

Reactions: big jim

·
Registered
218 Posts
You can't do that.....Sebastian Vettel aka @Tongue Twinster will have kittens again.
ROFL
This is beyond my comprehension. Please provide detail.

16 Ford Focus RS Grey

·
Premium Member
3,613 Posts
Another update to the trailer wiring. Camper I'm getting for this weekend happens to have a power tongue jack, something my 4 pin would not run. So I bought a 4 pin to 7 pin adapter, and then added a heavier ground and a 30A fused ignition switched power source to a two-pin plug I added to the adapter, so it's more like a 4 + 2 pin to 7 pin adapter now.

I successfully tested it on the solo trailer's power tongue jack that is currently staying at my place, though I have nothing that can move that trailer.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
This is beyond my comprehension. Please provide detail.

16 Ford Focus RS Grey

That peanut went off on a tangent when I mentioned lowering the rear of my car, carried on like an F1 engineer, not just on here but also on another forum, was quite amusing to say the least. 😄😄😄😄
So from then on in my mind, he is now known as Sebastian Vettel. He even put me on ignore after him starting the whole shi7 fight , which made it even more amusing.
Old fart.👍

Reactions: SUBAFST

·
Registered
218 Posts
That peanut went off on a tangent when I mentioned lowering the rear of my car, carried on like an F1 engineer, not just on here but also on another forum, was quite amusing to say the least.
So from then on in my mind, he is now known as Sebastian Vettel. He even put me on ignore after him starting the whole shi7 fight , which made it even more amusing.
Old fart.
Eh I wouldn’t call him Seb bc. No one is that cool. Seb is more of an observer of all things f-1. Not an engineer.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Eh I wouldn’t call him Seb bc. No one is that cool. Seb is more of an observer of all things f-1. Not an engineer.

Oh this bloke is cool, just ask him!

Reactions: SUBAFST

·
Registered
2017 SG RS1
1,408 Posts

Inspector Seb, at your service! r/InspectorSeb

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
4141 - 4160 of 4176 Posts