Speaking of durt, quick wash before tomorrow:

Damn Sonax worked really well:

Not as obvious on the RS:

Turned out pretty good for just a wash.

·
Premium Member
6,721 Posts
I have not hardwired/hard mounted it yet:

Might as well use the suction cups and the cigarette lighter adapter for the Malibu cruise tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
6,721 Posts
radar scanner?

ok...i see it says radar locator

so you removed the oem mirror. and that's a digital mirror?
Radar scanner, locator, detector, patato.....

I have a mount that clamps to the rear view mirror.

I still need to run the straight wire and tap to the fuse.

@Hank has a great guide on doing it. 👍

Reactions: Hank and big jim

·
Registered
379 Posts
Took it out of its natural environment and on I-5 to Santa Clarita and back (returned yesterday). While very boring on I-5 which is mostly straight through the CA Central Valley, very useful to have the torque available for those driving 70 who decide to speed up just to not overtake them.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Took it out of its natural environment and on I-5 to Santa Clarita and back (returned yesterday). While very boring on I-5 which is mostly straight through the CA Central Valley, very useful to have the torque available for those driving 70 who decide to speed up just to not overtake them.
In my experience driving through the Central Valley on I-5 and I-99, there is a noticeable difference in etiquette. It's far more likely to see a slow car "parked" in the left lane on I-5.

·
Premium Member
6,721 Posts
Took me more than 4 hours from Thousand Oaks to drive Back to San Diego last Saturday after the meet. 😰

• Sad
Reactions: dejan

·
Registered
379 Posts
In my experience driving through the Central Valley on I-5 and I-99, there is a noticeable difference in etiquette. It's far more likely to see a slow car "parked" in the left lane on I-5.
I actually don't mind if they drive in the left lane as the road surface there is in much better condition (less trucks to damage it). But I have an issue that they speed up just to cut me off when I'm passing them in the right lane. I don't try to cut them back, just wait for the next gap and then accelerate quickly but sometimes that next gap comes in a couple (or more) of miles

·
Registered
74 Posts
I actually don't mind if they drive in the left lane as the road surface there is in much better condition (less trucks to damage it). But I have an issue that they speed up just to cut me off when I'm passing them in the right lane. I don't try to cut them back, just wait for the next gap and then accelerate quickly but sometimes that next gap comes in a couple (or more) of miles
True but if you can drive in the right lane long enough to pass them, they can drive in the right lane long enough to let you through, and they should.

·
Registered
379 Posts
True but if you can drive in the right lane long enough to pass them, they can drive in the right lane long enough to let you through, and they should.
I feel that this would be too much to ask of these who exhibit this behavior ;)

I wouldn't mind if they drove the speed that they show when they try to cut me off all the time - just be consistent. If I see a faster car approaching me from the back, I move most of the time but if the car is too close, I just stay in the lane and keep my speed constant, it's more important to be safe and predictable than make a sudden lane change that the person doesn't expect.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I feel that this would be too much to ask of these who exhibit this behavior ;)

I wouldn't mind if they drove the speed that they show when they try to cut me off all the time - just be consistent. If I see a faster car approaching me from the back, I move most of the time but if the car is too close, I just stay in the lane and keep my speed constant, it's more important to be safe and predictable than make a sudden lane change that the person doesn't expect.
Yeah LOL it might be too much to expect, but I'm not asking anyone to dive out of the way, either. I get it when there's nobody around, but I don't understand these dummies driving next to another car, at the same speed as that car, while the line behind them gets longer and longer.

·
Premium Member
6,721 Posts
Yeah LOL it might be too much to expect, but I'm not asking anyone to dive out of the way, either. I get it when there's nobody around, but I don't understand these dummies driving next to another car, at the same speed as that car, while the line behind them gets longer and longer.

Reactions: GmpaJimj

·
Registered
2016 RS2
368 Posts
Carbon bits, PPF’d
Vehicle Car Grille Vehicle registration plate Hood

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Grille

·
Registered
379 Posts
Ah, this is just human psychology at its finest (or worst ;)) - even if subconsciously they do it more, the longer the line behind them gets. This way they can show you who's in charge. It's also shown that if you are about to pull out of a parking spot, it takes you just a bit longer if there is a car already waiting to park than if there was nobody around.

4121 - 4140 of 4255 Posts