Ford Focus RS Forum banner
3941 - 3960 of 4040 Posts

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Track day today, another tomorrow. First time at this one, surprisingly difficult to learn. Lots of blind crests and similar setup corners to get confused. Braking zones are weird too.

car performed well. The WMI kept intake temps extremely low (~65/70f). Ambient temperature was 35°c. Never had boost or timing issues, but I went through 4L of wmi every session.... Jesus Christ. Brakes did well, pedal is a little soft. Cheap Chinese Sailun tires did amazing for the price.

and typically the fog light cover went missing. But I found it at the end of the day

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Whatever comes with the normal kit from AEM, I think 1.1gal or 4L. I went through 4 3.78L jugs for 5 sessions lol. Madness.

it’s ok I got awd off a few times after hot laps. The car needs more cooling. Oil went to the 3/4 mark but never higher, coolant never rose past Half. You can tell the WMI help keep IAT and EGT’s down

·
Premium Member
2,045 Posts
Show detail, we’re talking Qtips.
Gave up shows in ‘16. Went to a homie cruise in. Kinda fun, saw folks we haven’t seen in years.
There’s, the last one, of an old show in two weeks...maybe.
9 - 6 is a lot of reminiscing.
Thats a lot of 6 yr. olds covered in gummy bears and cotton candy. Rodeo belt buckles...I‘m getting nervous!
1FB0C837-E1B6-4945-8A61-0AA64163FAE9.jpeg

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Got the car back from the dealer after the timing cover leak fix. We'll see if it actually fixed the problem.
I kept reading that service report like...

Cheap Chinese Sailun tires did amazing for the price.
Any more info on those tires (ie size, model & price)? Where did you order? I'm always on the look out for cheap performance tires and I'm wondering if these could beat my go-to Federal RS-RR's.

·
Registered
2017 Black RS
348 Posts
Yeah, that was quite the detailed list. When they "fixed" my leak by replacing the timing cover gasket, the oil they filled it with was 5w20. Luckily they're detailed and that showed up on the report, so I had to bring it back to the dealer again.

·
Registered
2017 SG RS1
1,348 Posts
Changed the oil in preparation for my autocross this weekend. Unfortunately, also found a leak in the intermediate halfshaft PTU seal...

The dealer replaced all the PTU seals at 10K miles under warranty when I got my head gasket recall done. 22K miles later, and it's leaking again... Luckily, haven't hit my 5 years yet (December 2021). So I'll be getting it fixed under warranty AGAIN in the next coming weeks. Fortunately, my next autocross (after this weekend) won't be until October. Hopefully this doesn't continue happening this often after my warranty expires...

·
Registered
131 Posts
Changed the oil in preparation for my autocross this weekend. Unfortunately, also found a leak in the intermediate halfshaft PTU seal...
View attachment 353705
View attachment 353706
The dealer replaced all the PTU seals at 10K miles under warranty when I got my head gasket recall done. 22K miles later, and it's leaking again... Luckily, haven't hit my 5 years yet (December 2021). So I'll be getting it fixed under warranty AGAIN in the next coming weeks. Fortunately, my next autocross (after this weekend) won't be until October. Hopefully this doesn't continue happening this often after my warranty expires...
That’s the old Intermediary seal you have on your car. New one is CN1Z-7H424-B I think.

See post number 2 of this thread:

·
Registered
2017 SG RS1
1,348 Posts
That’s the old Intermediary seal you have on your car. New one is CN1Z-7H424-B I think.

See post number 2 of this thread:
That's weird. I found the invoice from the warranty repair, and that updated part number is listed:

Another reason it's weird is the repair was done in January of 2018, but the TSB document in that 2nd post you linked is dated August 2018.

·
Registered
131 Posts
That's weird. I found the invoice from the warranty repair, and that updated part number is listed:
View attachment 353708
Another reason it's weird is the repair was done in January of 2018, but the TSB document in that 2nd post you linked is dated August 2018.
It sure looks a lot like the old seal to me?

Check out this thread:

The new seal looks like post #120 in this thread:

·
Registered
2017 SG RS1
1,348 Posts
It sure looks a lot like the old seal to me?

Check out this thread:

The new seal looks like post #120 in this thread:
Good catch! It sure looks different. I'll have to have a chat with the dealer then... Thanks for the links!

·
Premium Member
781 Posts
Whatever comes with the normal kit from AEM, I think 1.1gal or 4L. I went through 4 3.78L jugs for 5 sessions lol. Madness.

it’s ok I got awd off a few times after hot laps. The car needs more cooling. Oil went to the 3/4 mark but never higher, coolant never rose past Half. You can tell the WMI help keep IAT and EGT’s down
how long was each session?

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
The ceramic coating probably doubled the car's value! Lol j/k
LOL. 🤣

The car had been paint corrected, tinted, PPF ........................and ceramic coated.

The money we saved on the rebates basically went towards the after market work.

The funny part if we sell her car now we will make a little profit.

Reactions: aheadlan
3941 - 3960 of 4040 Posts