Ford Focus RS Forum banner

3821 - 3840 of 3865 Posts

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Do endlinks really make that big of a difference? I had such bad luck with my whiteline endlinks clunking, I went back to oem. But if I’m leaving a second a lap on the table then maybe worth trying again?

·
Registered
2017 Black RS
240 Posts
Technically, I'm not sure. But theoretically it can make a difference. There's basically 3 things adjustable endlinks can do:
1) eliminate flex of the OE part
2) set the bar to a neutral position (ends parallel to the ground)
3) zero out pre-load, which has been discussed a bunch here recently

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
Finally Installed my Mountune intercooler and flashed in my b5 tune!

Unfortunately I barely drove the car afterwards but it felt good for the short distance.

I have a borla Atak and I think it’s louder now, the pops are wild.

Before and after intercooler shots. I was very exhausted afterwards lol I didn’t read their instructions and went off a video so I didn’t know about lowering the rad support. Fun times before I was able to find that out haha

Edit: added side by side intercooler picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 SG RS1
1,274 Posts
Found her a new stable mate 😁

Can't wait for her arrival in a couple weeks!

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Reactions: GmpaJimj and MbbRS

·
Registered
2017 SG RS1
1,274 Posts
Woooh! #hondafucbois4lyfe
Gotta have that rice in my life! Now to figure out what to do with my EM1...🤔 Not sure if I can convince the wifey to let me keep it as a project car. I might part with it for the right price. I even still have some of the stock parts, like the "iconic" stock wheels that have been sitting in my garage for the last 16 years 🤣

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Gotta have that rice in my life! Now to figure out what to do with my EM1...🤔 Not sure if I can convince the wifey to let me keep it as a project car. I might part with it for the right price. I even still have some of the stock parts, like the "iconic" stock wheels that have been sitting in my garage for the last 16 years 🤣
Noooo keep it and sell the RS! Don't you know 90's Hondas are basically the next air cooled 911's?! Seriously, just have a look: Civic

Joking aside, justifying a 2nd car to my Mrs. wass hard enough, I can't imagine a 3rd lol. Personally, I'd sell it to someone you know would take care of it and give you first right of refusal come the time. These kinds of cars are really getting harder and harder to find, let alone clean or with known history.

If anything else, sell me the powertrain! I want some VTEC in my life lol

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
My buddy has a stripped out si coupe (2008?) as his track car. Extremely basic build, just weight reduction, suspension and sticky af tires. I could keep up with him on track but couldn’t pass him. Every time I’d make up the gap, he’d lose me in the corners.

great cars

·
Registered
2017 SG RS1
1,274 Posts
Can you post what your experience with Vroom is like once you have the car? I hear a lot of bad things about them.
Will do! I actually started a thread here a little while ago: https://www.focusrs.org/threads/vroom-buying-experience.123744/#post-2297174.

From the looks of it, @rmbrady and @Godnmbrseven had decent experiences with them. I'll update that thread once the process is complete. But so far, I can tell you everything has been going pretty smooth. I noticed a lot of the bad experiences had to do with selling them your trade-in, which wasn't applicable in my case.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Replaced the corroding bleeder screws on the front callipers with HEL stainless steel M10 x 1.00mm bleeders.

Before and After. 10mm instead of 11mm spanner size but M10 thread as per stock. I haven't tested them for leaks with heavy braking yet (lockdown here).

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Replaced the corroding bleeder screws on the front callipers with HEL stainless steel M10 x 1.00mm bleeders.

Before and After. 10mm instead of 11mm spanner size but M10 thread as per stock. I haven't tested them for leaks with heavy braking yet (lockdown here).

View attachment 352836
View attachment 352837
I like that it appears that the cap has a tether so it doesn't get misplaced.

·
Registered
6 Posts
$20 Aliexpress Sequential turn lights installed

wow, love them!
I am very happy that I chose these lights. I checked all the eBay and Amazon and surprisingly didn't find anything similar for the same price. This time aliexpress has surprised me a lot. The price is very low and the quality of the lights is perfect. The only trouble was that I shop from eBay usually so I use Pay Pal. I needed help to find the way to pay with pp, so this article helped me a lot https://alitools.io/en/blog/can-you-use-paypal-on-aliexpress/

·
Premium Member
6,018 Posts
Reactions: GmpaJimj

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Changed my RDU fluid, adjusted the camber arms and installed powerflex RDU bushings.

the rear two bushing inserts slid in without much issue, maybe 8 minutes. The front bushing on the other hand can suck the fattest cockmeat sandwich in the world. Took me about 3 hours. Ended up snipping off 3/8” of each prong of the insert. I’m not gonna describe it but anyone who’s done it knows the struggle.

·
Registered
2017 Focus RS
22 Posts
Changed my RDU fluid, adjusted the camber arms and installed powerflex RDU bushings.

the rear two bushing inserts slid in without much issue, maybe 8 minutes. The front bushing on the other hand can suck the fattest cockmeat sandwich in the world. Took me about 3 hours. Ended up snipping off 3/8” of each prong of the insert. I’m not gonna describe it but anyone who’s done it knows the struggle.

View attachment 352870
View attachment 352871
wow, it’s crazy what salt will do to a car

·
Registered
778 Posts

View attachment 352870
View attachment 352871
It was extremely painful, got mine in with some fancy clamping and some swearing.

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk

3821 - 3840 of 3865 Posts