·
Premium Member
6,018 Posts
Getting oil change done:

Watching them like a hawk!

·
Premium Member
6,018 Posts
While I'm here and I need coolant for the rediator swap, i got a gallon of this:

50/50 mix is $15 and the concrete is $19.

I asked the parts manager for a discount, i got it for $17.

I just need to buy distilled (not the ones with minerals for taste) to get 2 gallons out of it.

Cannot find the orange one anymore.

·
Registered
2017 SG RS1
1,274 Posts
While I'm here and I need coolant for the rediator swap, i got a gallon of this:

View attachment 352658

50/50 mix is $15 and the concrete is $19.

I asked the parts manager for a discount, i got it for $17.

I just need to buy distilled (not the ones with minerals for taste) to get 2 gallons out of it.

Cannot find the orange one anymore.
I actually just picked up a couple gallons of the OG pre-diluted orange from Amazon. Shipped and sold by Amazon as well (not 3rd party).

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
I actually just picked up a couple gallons of the OG pre-diluted orange from Amazon. Shipped and sold by Amazon as well (not 3rd party).
I see on some of the reviews that they send out the yellow one for some customer. When did you order yours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 SG RS1
1,274 Posts
I see on some of the reviews that they send out the yellow one for some customer. When did you order yours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I noticed it was coming in and out of stock when I last checked a few weeks ago. I just ordered it yesterday evening actually on a whim. So I'll update when I receive it if I received the orange or the yellow.

Reactions: nicklulu

·
Premium Member
6,018 Posts
Really curious now. Yep, let us know. How much?

And since I have a reusable air filter and paid a maintenance plane for the RS, u asked them to place the new air filter on the passenger seat:

It's not like I am going to use it, but might as well get my monies worth.

Reactions: Si2RS

·
Registered
2016 RS2
303 Posts

And since I have a reusable air filter and paid a maintenance plane for the RS, u asked them to place the new air filter on the passenger seat:

View attachment 352661

Talking to my Ford friend when I picked up my order last week... he mentioned he’s selling aftermarket air filters because he can’t get OEM ... FYI

·
Registered
2017 SG RS1
1,274 Posts

View attachment 352661

It was like "$23 and change." However, after looking at pretty much all the reviews going back to last year, not a single person actually received orange. It was all yellow. Oh well. If I get yellow, I'll just return it to Kohl's. Not because I can't use it, but because I can get it cheaper from my local dealer. I'll keep you posted.

·
Premium Member
6,018 Posts
Talking to my Ford friend when I picked up my order last week... he mentioned he’s selling aftermarket air filters because he can’t get OEM ... FYI
Lol, I have two in the garage new in box.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Next track day is beginning of July. With a baby at home I don’t have much free time to prep so gotta start now!

managed today to install the ground control front camber plates, change the engine oil, transmission oil and PTU oil. Definitely spilled the trans tho lol a jackstand was in the way of my tray

trans was very clear, quite nice. PTU was also in good condition, no flakes but the built in magnet did have some sludge on it. Didn’t seem very metallic though. Engine oil was also superb. Last oil change was august? Two track days and a bunch of km, about half way down the dipstick. Not bad for a car that’s pretty beat on

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
you just love removing that front bumper cover...don't you? (y)
last oil change was august? i thought you daily drove yours?
Yeah I need to address the intercooler and piping. Takes only like ~8 minutes to take off, so might as well just get it right out of the way.

And yeah she’s a DD but my commute isn’t very long. Especially compared to the average American commute

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
couple weeks ago i swapped the oem clutch spring with steeda spring. eliminated that last 30% of clutch release.
still have that gear delay though. next stab will be to push out that valve restrictor in the fluid line.

·
Premium Member
6,018 Posts
couple weeks ago i swapped the oem clutch spring with steeda spring. eliminated that last 30% of clutch release.
still have that gear delay though. next stab will be to push out that valve restrictor in the fluid line.

Does the clutch pedal fully extend? I heard that is a small slack.

·
Registered
2017 Black RS
240 Posts
I installed the Massive "stubby" rear endlinks. It almost gets the bar ends parallel to the ground. Even though there are visible threads, the male heim joint is bottomed out. The stubby one also has wrench flats.

stubby Massive / OE / standard Massive

OE location

installed stubby

3801 - 3820 of 3865 Posts