Ford Focus RS Forum banner

3641 - 3660 of 3672 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Drove through the Central Valley to drop off some things to a secondary house that we have around Yosemite area. As my wife was driving behind me it was at very modest pace and the car was quite full of things anyway...

After we got back this was my mileage on that tank

I only reset the trip odometer so after filling up at the same pump as yesterday morning my fuel consumption was about 27.5 which is probably a record for the car.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Drove through the Central Valley to drop off some things to a secondary house that we have around Yosemite area. As my wife was driving behind me it was at very modest pace and the car was quite full of things anyway...

After we got back this was my mileage on that tank
View attachment 351165
I only reset the trip odometer so after filling up at the same pump as yesterday morning my fuel consumption was about 27.5 which is probably a record for the car.
She was drafting.

·
Registered
309 Posts
She was drafting.
I don't remember who had done this but someone did a scientific experiment at what distance you need to be driving behind a semi truck in order to get the benefit of reduced air resistance. For any meaningful measures, the distance was just a few feet which also makes it quite unsafe. And of course you get a significant amount of small rocks and pebbles on your car's front end, so really not worth it ;)

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
I don't remember who had done this but someone did a scientific experiment at what distance you need to be driving behind a semi truck in order to get the benefit of reduced air resistance. For any meaningful measures, the distance was just a few feet which also makes it quite unsafe. And of course you get a significant amount of small rocks and pebbles on your car's front end, so really not worth it ;)
That was Mythbusters. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
140 Posts

Mishimoto full FMIC setup and finally switched to a Stage 2 tune! Lag is definitely there with the double sized core and large diameter piping; but hot damn she quick. Now for the rear motor mount and I can call it a day on the daily.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Shipped out my intake manifold today. Let's see how it turns out.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
To Extrude Hone?
Yeah, talked to several machinists here in San Diego and they said they cant reach the beginning of the runners in the plenum.

If I was going to get it done by my guy in Lake Elsinore for the $ might as well try out Extrude Hone and see how it goes.

They do Ferreros.....hopefully it translates good on the RS.

Reactions: floridars

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Yep, they do multiple OEM stuff in the past. How is the port size on intake vs head?
I have not taken out the OE intake manifold as of yet, but If base it on the thermal gasket it's pretty close.

Extrude said it will be .025" on each side of the wall. that shouldn't be too much.

I just want to match the smoothness of the OE mani since its plastic. It should also increase the plenum volume.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Yeah, talked to several machinists here in San Diego and they said they cant reach the beginning of the runners in the plenum.

If I was going to get it done by my guy in Lake Elsinore for the $ might as well try out Extrude Hone and see how it goes.

They do Ferreros.....hopefully it translates good on the RS.
Ferrero Rocher?
That would be interesting to watch.

Reactions: MbbRS and nicklulu

·
Registered
2016 RS
242 Posts

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Pulled Trans, installed wavetrac LSD and carbon syncros. Ready

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk
Are you changing the clutch too?
Apparently the carbon synchros, don't go well with the stock clutch?

3641 - 3660 of 3672 Posts