Ford Focus RS Forum banner

3621 - 3640 of 3672 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Dropped her off at the bodyshop, time for a new bumper and to install all the front end carbon bits, as well as the ADF skid plate & air deflector.
Any chance of some photos when you get her back from the body shop

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
You going to PPF those CF beauty bits?

Reactions: RS_Realtor

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
I was off half day today.

Went to several machine shops to get a quote to get the intake manifold I have polished out, I am not too happy with the casting:

All of them informed me that they would probably miss the spot where the runners starts.

The cost I've been quoted is not that far for by getting it done this way:

At least it would be polished out through out.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Reactions: RS_Realtor

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
I did not do to my RS... I did it "for" my RS today:

Been calling local shops for port/polish.

DAMN covid hit harrrddd..... not a lot of place in San Diego does port and polish.

Got 2-3 shop that still does it, between $95-$100 per hour.

Might be worth considering hone porting at this point.
inb4 a certain member berates you and your ability/intelligence for trying to DIY something :p

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
inb4 a certain member berates you and your ability/intelligence for trying to DIY something :p
I did consider doing it myself, I just have a lot of things happening at work and my off time I have other commitments.

So considered outsourcing to get it done by a person who does it day in an day out, even they said it will take x hours and they would not get certain parts.

I am in touch with the hone porting company in SoCal, that would be my best option to get as close as I want it polished.

I would say this forum has been a great outlet for RS (or just cars in general) enthusiasts, everyone have something to offer.

Not all of us are at the same technical level to do certain things, and some of us do contribute and fills that gap.

One of the reason why I care for this forum. 🍻

·
Registered
180 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Focus RS
17 Posts
Do you have link , info who you bought the carbon fibre parts?? Any issues installing the parts
Seibom bumper garnish was from CJ Pony Parts, lip and fog bezels were direct from California Pony Cars, skid plate bits were direct from ADF.

Bodyshop said the bumper garnish was the worst to fit.

3621 - 3640 of 3672 Posts