Ford Focus RS Forum banner

3441 - 3460 of 3537 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
why dont the UPR vent manufacturers or distributors just sell the part with a slip on and cleanable mist cover?
I’ve been thinking for a couple days and honestly the sock was cheapest best option lol. Reminds me of my motorcycle days. Maybe a tennis wristband is better. I like the white so I know when to toss the sock. Wish I had the upr when I dynod.

16 Ford Focus RS Grey
Eibach Sways /Adamtuned Auxfuel Kit/ Cobb AdamTuned/ Dsc Sport Controller/ Radium PcV CC./ K+N air filter /Tema 4x4 30mm spacer/massive sway endlinks//Full Race IC// Tune Plus Turbosmart IWG/ E76/ NGK LTR7BHX (95605) 1-step colder Ruthenium Spark Plugs DynoJet 8-Run Avg (417.23wtq/399.26whp)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
I’ve been thinking for a couple days and honestly the sock was cheapest best option lol. Reminds me of my motorcycle days.
right. but what i'm saying is that it's your only option. nobody makes a mist cover for it. even though they know it will spit oil on your valve cover.

·
Registered
126 Posts
At Discount Tire:

View attachment 349668
View attachment 349669

I'll be here for a while.
What did you do with ?

16 Ford Focus RS Grey
Eibach Sways /Adamtuned Auxfuel Kit/ Cobb AdamTuned/ Dsc Sport Controller/ Radium PcV CC./ K+N air filter /Tema 4x4 30mm spacer/massive sway endlinks//Full Race IC// Tune Plus Turbosmart IWG/ E76/ NGK LTR7BHX (95605) 1-step colder Ruthenium Spark Plugs DynoJet 8-Run Avg (417.23wtq/399.26whp)

·
Premium Member
5,427 Posts
What did you do with ?

16 Ford Focus RS Grey

Got the flat tire I got last Wednesday fixed today.

I did not drive the RS there, I got it in the trunk of the Mitsubishi Outlander.

There is a lot of meat left on the tire and it was in the middle:

While I was at it I swapped out the OE lug nuts since there was an avg. of two swollen nuts per wheel.

Been sitting on my black nuts since Oct last year from my nephew's late birthday gift.

They are taller than the OE, however they are more flush on the wheel since the it mates better than the OE (acorn is bigger on the OE that does not fully mate, more thread contact on the new nuts).

So half of the OE nuts I have got stuck on the lug wrench, I needed to to re-thread on the stud and remove them by hand:

Before:

After:

·
Registered
126 Posts

Just ordered this. Preorders still Sunday. Not a paid promotion.

Edit: yesterday. Anyways

16 Ford Focus RS Grey

·
Registered
126 Posts
nice intake extension. says the bumper and headlights need to be removed for install.
Eh I did it for the front mount. Doesn’t take very long after the first try. Just a bunch of screws and maybe 4-6 bolts bumper pops right off.

Edit: goes fast with experienced help.

16 Ford Focus RS Grey

·
Premium Member
5,427 Posts

Just ordered this. Preorders still Sunday. Not a paid promotion.

Edit: yesterday. Anyways

16 Ford Focus RS Grey

Ahhhhhhh Nutsssss......

·
Registered
126 Posts
Ahhhhhhh Nutsssss......
I went with neon glow to bring the disco party. And it’s 50$ for extra color inserts

16 Ford Focus RS Grey

·
Premium Member
5,427 Posts
I went with neon glow to bring the disco party. And it’s 50$ for extra color inserts

16 Ford Focus RS Grey

Reminds me of the Mustang RTR design.

I just got the big mouth last dec with additional horns.

The bumper needs to come off with that install too, the screen needs to be from on this one or remove.

The lights does not bother me much , I can just do it with i do the FMIC and radiator install.

The other scoop is for the radiator and the other is the intake.

I have till tomorrow to think about it. You and @RS GoD SaLo , a couple of enablers.....

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
I like the look it gives and the fact it continues the lines but doesn't look like it would work with the mishimoto oil cooler, which is the route I am going

Sent from my SM-F916U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Si2RS

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Reminds me of the Mustang RTR design.

I just got the big mouth last dec with additional horns.

The bumper needs to come off with that install too, the screen needs to be from on this one or remove.

The lights does not bother me much , I can just do it with i do the FMIC and radiator install.

The other scoop is for the radiator and the other is the intake.

I have till tomorrow to think about it. You and @RS GoD SaLo , a couple of enablers.....
Damn... These look pretty sick! I was wondering where the passenger side duct fed to. Y'all ARE a bunch of enablers!

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
Damn... These look pretty sick! I was wondering where the passenger side duct fed to. Y'all ARE a bunch of enablers!
Feeds to the radiator

Reactions: nicklulu and Si2RS

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I like the look it gives and the fact it continues the lines but doesn't look like it would work with the mishimoto oil cooler, which is the route I am going

The fact it follows the body lines is what makes it VERY appealing to me... I swore I was done buying parts... Must...be...strong...🤣

·
Premium Member
5,427 Posts
The fact it follows the body lines is what makes it VERY appealing to me... I swore I was done buying parts... Must...be...strong...🤣

Good luck with enablers all around us... My precious...

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Good luck with enablers all around us... My precious...
Hypothetically... If someone with a stealth gray RS were to get one... Which color would look best? Gray or blue? Which color would match stealth gray? Dark Gray or regular Gray? Which one would match the RS emblem blue? Performance Blue or regular Blue? I would think a blue matching the RS emblem would look best.

Reactions: SUBAFST

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hypothetically... If someone with a stealth gray RS were to get one... Which color would look best? Gray or blue? Which color would match stealth gray? Dark Gray or regular Gray? Which one would match the RS emblem blue? Performance Blue or regular Blue? I would think a blue matching the RS emblem would look best.
I went with black and neon glow and I’m grey. Most of the molding is black(faded) and I think would blend well for a stealthy look but also got neon glow bc why not.

16 Ford Focus RS Grey

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Since ice racing was cancelled and autox is no longer done near me, stripped all the aero stuff off until summer track days. Since the splitter and canards are off, I may consider redoing them but in carbon

bumper removal down to 7 minutes

·
Premium Member
5,427 Posts
I went with black and neon glow and I’m grey. Most of the molding is black(faded) and I think would blend well for a stealthy look but also got neon glow bc why not.

16 Ford Focus RS Grey

It will definitely have an RTR feel at night if its the glow in the dark:

Reactions: SUBAFST
3441 - 3460 of 3537 Posts