Ford Focus RS Forum banner

3281 - 3298 of 3298 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
This will cover the past 2 weeks...

Washed the RS and found out that I have a cracked fog light lens... Bummer.

Took the RS to the dealership to get my annual (free because of extended warranty) Oil change. On the way to the dealership the tire pressure warning light popped up about 100 yards from the house. Got to the dealership and checked all around the tires and the right rear was 20 lbs. I told the service writer who said "We'll check it out and tell you what we find"
1 and a half hours later and they said the car is ready. The service writer was apologetic for the delay. Seems the guy changing the oil almost added the incorrect oil. Luckily it was caught in time and all is well. I asked about the tire and the response was "he looked at it and couldn't find anything" Okay... But you put in the required oil right? "Yes sir, the car has the proper oil" I get home and check the dashcam to see if they did in fact add the proper oil. I can't tell from the footage because the camera turns off when the car is off for more than 10 minutes. I did hear the service writer tell the guy
"Just air it up, they've been here too long"🤦‍♂️ Talk about stellar customer service.

Today. Went to Discount Tire to get it repaired, and they knocked it out of the park again. They got to it quickly and didn't charge me a dime. Excellent work Discount Tire.

·
Premium Member
5,074 Posts

View attachment 348432

Took the RS to the dealership to get my annual (free because of extended warranty) Oil change. On the way to the dealership the tire pressure warning light popped up about 100 yards from the house. Got to the dealership and checked all around the tires and the right rear was 20 lbs. I told the service writer who said "We'll check it out and tell you what we find"
1 and a half hours later and they said the car is ready. The service writer was apologetic for the delay. Seems the guy changing the oil almost added the incorrect oil. Luckily it was caught in time and all is well. I asked about the tire and the response was "he looked at it and couldn't find anything" Okay... But you put in the required oil right? "Yes sir, the car has the proper oil" I get home and check the dashcam to see if they did in fact add the proper oil. I can't tell from the footage because the camera turns off when the car is off for more than 10 minutes. I did hear the service writer tell the guy
"Just air it up, they've been here too long"🤦‍♂️ Talk about stellar customer service.

Today. Went to Discount Tire to get it repaired, and they knocked it out of the park again. They got to it quickly and didn't charge me a dime. Excellent work Discount Tire.

View attachment 348433

Question for you.... you have a grimmspeed license plate frame. What License plate bracket are you using?

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
Question for you.... you have a grimmspeed license plate frame. What License plate bracket are you using?
I believe it's the Grimmspeed one. It's universal meaning you can adjust how it sits. You can make it stick out more under the headlight if you like. It's full of holes behind the plate for lots of adjustability. Almost too much adjustability. I've never had any issues with it. I was scared it might fall, but it hasn't budged in 5 years. You do need to keep Allen wrenches, and a large socket wrench in the trunk incase you have to remove it for the actual tow hook.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Here are the stats:
-3 separate tries with months in between
-purchase of 3 different snap ring pliers over each try
-destruction of 2 good pick tools
-modification of some very stubby needle nose pliers with a dremel
-8+ hours of sweating, cursing and contemplating my life choices inside a dark wheel well
Wow I’m getting PTSD now with mine

·
Registered
342 Posts

View attachment 348432

View attachment 348433
Is that an oriental rug under your car ?

·
Premium Member
5,074 Posts
At the local Ford QucikLane to get the scheduled maintenance done.

Not met the miles but its due date. I would lose money if I skip the date and wait for the miles.

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
Is that an oriental rug under your car ?
Why yes, yes it is. You mean to tell me you don't put your cars on rugs in climate controlled garages?!?🧐🧐🧐
Seriously... The young and quite wealthy people in my neighborhood throw away very nice rugs like this all of the time. It looked brand new when we found it laying by the curb on trash day. This is the 4th rug we've picked up this year. The peasant car next to the RS in the picture is a Lexus LS 430. It leaks a little (I think it's scared of the RS) so no rug for it.

At the local Ford QucikLane to get the scheduled maintenance done.

Not met the miles but its due date. I would lose money if I skip the date and wait for the miles.
I have a little over 11300 miles on my RS. I get the oil changed every year even though I barely put on 2500 miles per year. I paid for them with the extended warranty, I better get them while I can. This oil is spensive.🤣

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Why yes, yes it is. You mean to tell me you don't put your cars on rugs in climate controlled garages?!?🧐🧐🧐
Seriously... The young and quite wealthy people in my neighborhood throw away very nice rugs like this all of the time. It looked brand new when we found it laying by the curb on trash day.
😂

3281 - 3298 of 3298 Posts