Ford Focus RS Forum banner

3261 - 3280 of 3298 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,074 Posts
Yay, congratulations that's awesome!!!

Thanks, been doing the math last night.

I already had the pay-off monies a year and a half ago but invested it.

Since I got the money back and made some more, might as well pay it off and save more in interest.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Today I left my RS at a dealer 600 miles from my house after the engine cut out. I’m thinking a fuel issue and hoping it’s a quick fix.

It’s a sad day, the first time it left me stranded, and unfortunately happened on a long road trip :-/

·
Premium Member
5,074 Posts
Today I left my RS at a dealer 600 miles from my house after the engine cut out. I’m thinking a fuel issue and hoping it’s a quick fix.

It’s a sad day, the first time it left me stranded, and unfortunately happened on a long road trip :-/

A sad day indeed.

I hope it gets better from this point out.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts

Damn, that sucks man. Hopefully it's something simple that they can sort out quickly. Breaking down that far away from home is definitely rough and doesn't just end with the car getting to the shop.

I've broken down about 300 mi from home in the middle of nowhere and handling all the logisitics of finding a place to stay, getting home and then getting the car back home after it was fixed was a nightmare.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Changed the oil, topped off the coolant. Is only 60-70 in miami. Race season is upon us.

I think 16 Ford Focus RS Grey
Eibach Sways /Adamtuned Auxfuel Kit/ Cobb AdamTuned/ Dsc Sport Controller/ Radium PcV CC./K+N air filter /Tema 4x4 30mm spacer/e85/massive sway endlinks//

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Got around to installing the sound suppression chamber. Probably like many others, I looked at it and said this is going to be easy. Nope, absolute PITA. I had the harbor freight snap ring pliers which are just too big to get in the space. I did eventually get it, but had to remove the blow off valve to make more room.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Got around to installing the sound suppression chamber. Probably like many others, I looked at it and said this is going to be easy. Nope, absolute PITA. I had the harbor freight snap ring pliers which are just too big to get in the space. I did eventually get it, but had to remove the blow off valve to make more room.
Welcome to the super exclusive "multiple/several small snap ring plier owners" club!

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Welcome to the super exclusive "multiple/several small snap ring plier owners" club!
I almost cut half of the handles off mine.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I almost cut half of the handles off mine.
Here are the stats:
-3 separate tries with months in between
-purchase of 3 different snap ring pliers over each try
-destruction of 2 good pick tools
-modification of some very stubby needle nose pliers with a dremel
-8+ hours of sweating, cursing and contemplating my life choices inside a dark wheel well

·
Registered
913 Posts

View attachment 348315
Same experience as you (and most apparently). Who would think such a small, "easily accessible" part could be such a PITA?

Reactions: nicklulu

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Here are the stats:
-3 separate tries with months in between
-purchase of 3 different snap ring pliers over each try
-destruction of 2 good pick tools
-modification of some very stubby needle nose pliers with a dremel
-8+ hours of sweating, cursing and contemplating my life choices inside a dark wheel well
You win. Probably took me an hour and a half. Biggest tips would be to spray ring with Wd-40 and use pick or small alen wrench to rotate it for easier access. 2nd would be to remove your bov/bpv.

I also would recommend putting some bright paint on the ring before attempting to install as that thing is going to fall a million times.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,074 Posts
The HF snap ring pliers worked for me with the pick set they had.

No issues other taking the wheel off, evene though its already jacked up and unclipping the wire on the arm there to give me more space.

I think I got lucky too as the c clip was oriented close enough for the pick to give a little nudge.

3261 - 3280 of 3298 Posts