Ford Focus RS Forum banner

3081 - 3100 of 3141 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
While technically this wasn't for my RS, but for my 2000 Civic Si; and it wasn't today, but yesterday... I figured this would serve as a friendly reminder to always double check people's work when they are work on your RS. I took off my wheels and brought them in to my nearest America's Tire Co. (about 20 minutes each way) for mounting new tires I bought from them a couple days ago. After they mounted them, I threw them back in my RS and headed home. While unloading them, it dawned on me that I should probably check them just to make sure everything is all good. This is where I kicked myself for not inspecting them before I left the tire place...
(PS. Don't mind the filth. I cleaned them after everything was all sorted)

See anything fishy? Looks like a normal tire, right? Let me zoom in a bit for ya...

Still don't see it? Let's zoom in one last time, shall we...

The dumbf*ck mounted 2 of the 4 wheels backwards!!! These are Nitto Neo Gens that have an asymmetric tread pattern, and they are specifically designed with "reinforced" inner shoulder blocks for negative camber. I didn't even have to notice what the sidewall said because I could tell as soon as I saw the tread patterns. So needless to say I went back and had them correct the issue.

I actually asked to speak with the manager, not to b*tch him out, as I'm in sales too and understand how much it sucks when one of your operations people drops the ball. After all, the problem was fixable, so no harm, no foul other than my time wasted. No, I simply wanted to voice my concerns with him because I am bringing my Volk TE37s in on Tuesday to get tires mounted, and this type of work isn't necessarily confidence inspiring when you are trusting them with your $4K (essentially irreplaceable) wheels. He totally understood, and new exactly what these wheels are, and said either he or one of his senior techs will do the job, and only one person will touch them when they are there. Needless to say, I'll still be watching them like a hawk when they're working on them, but I just wanted to make sure I was on the manager's radar when I come back on Tuesday so he can be on top of it.

TL;DR If getting work done on your car, be sure to look everything over before leaving the premises to make sure they did everything properly.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Idiots.
Had this happen to me years back and wondered why the car wanted to pull to the left all the time, same problem as yours, wasn't impressed either!

·
Registered
790 Posts
I packed up all the parts I've swapped out over the years and had my brother and dad come pick them up in case I get evacuated from these fires in Yorba Linda and Santiago Canyon that broke out today. Also had my brother drive my Civic Si back to his house for safe keeping. I already have a few friends in Irvine and Tustin that were evacuated. Supposedly, we're safe here in Anaheim Hills, but it's awfully close...

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
I packed up all the parts I've swapped out over the years and had my brother and dad come pick them up in case I get evacuated from these fires in Yorba Linda and Santiago Canyon that broke out today. Also had my brother drive my Civic Si back to his house for safe keeping. I already have a few friends in Irvine and Tustin that were evacuated. Supposedly, we're safe here in Anaheim Hills, but it's awfully close...]
Definitely scary. Fall weather couldn't come soon enough for us Californians. Stay safe out there man!

·
Registered
790 Posts
Definitely scary. Fall weather couldn't come soon enough for us Californians. Stay safe out there man!
Thanks! The crazy/stupid thing is, it rained ALL DAY yesterday! I mean, it couldn't have rained today of all days?! Haha!

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Daniel,

My nephew drove to Irvine earlier.

Hope you guys are doing ok.

I was waiting to read you packed the kids to the car..... I'm sure you did or else the girlfriend would have strangled you already before the fire get to you.

Just trying to be funny....

·
Registered
790 Posts
Daniel,

My nephew drove to Irvine earlier.

Hope you guys are doing ok.

I was waiting to read you packed the kids to the car..... I'm sure you did or else the girlfriend would have strangled you already before the fire get to you.

Just trying to be funny....
Ha! First comes the RS, you know that. Then tools. Then maybe wife and kids. Or at least the boy... Haha!

Reactions: nicklulu

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Oh boy, ROFL!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Thanks! The crazy/stupid thing is, it rained ALL DAY yesterday! I mean, it couldn't have rained today of all days?! Haha!
It’s bad stuff. I hope y’all come out of this ok. We were in Colorado 3 weeks ago in an area we’ve been going to for over 20 years (Grand Lake and Granby areas) and a lot of it is now in ashes. My heart hurts for all the people that have lost everything in these fires.

Now we have another hurricane about to enter the gulf. Too bad we can’t route some of the remains of these hurricanes to the western U.S.

Be safe !

·
Registered
2016 RS
218 Posts
Reactions: 320icar

·
Registered
141 Posts
Aliens will be landing....

·
Registered