Ford Focus RS Forum banner

3061 - 3080 of 3141 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Most of the ethanol content sensor install, just gotta find a slimline add a fuse, as the ones I have are too fat!

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Have fun installing those fenders!
well, it’s sort of going smoothly. Other than enlarging some of the holes which I expected to do, the drivers side fits perfectly. Actually pretty shocked about that one. The passengers side on the other hand... the top most bracket is too long, therefore spacing the fender away from the body by 3/8” or so. No way to adjust it other than cutting the bracket off and making my own shorter one. Shouldn’t be too difficult, I have confidence I can make it work.

I don’t expect perfection from an aftermarket part. My bumpers never been aligned properly anyways, and with also adding a carbon hood, no way things are gonna line up perfectly

·
Registered
96 Posts
That fender looks way off yeesh. Nice to put pictures to some of the horror stories I've heard about them though. I'm sure your finished product will look fantastic.

·
Registered
591 Posts
well, it’s sort of going smoothly. Other than enlarging some of the holes which I expected to do, the drivers side fits perfectly. Actually pretty shocked about that one. The passengers side on the other hand... the top most bracket is too long, therefore spacing the fender away from the body by 3/8” or so. No way to adjust it other than cutting the bracket off and making my own shorter one. Shouldn’t be too difficult, I have confidence I can make it work.

I don’t expect perfection from an aftermarket part. My bumpers never been aligned properly anyways, and with also adding a carbon hood, no way things are gonna line up perfectly

View attachment 346221

View attachment 346222

View attachment 346223
Funny, it was my top passenger bracket that was quite off as well. I was able to grind it down quite thin and it worked.

·
Premium Member
918 Posts

View attachment 346221

View attachment 346222

View attachment 346223
It’s going to look great...I beg you....NO EXPANDING FOAM‼

·
Registered
28 Posts
Changes spark plugs. Gapped .25 / 15w50 oil change.

Note: Ran VR1 straight 50 for one cycle and even in warm Florida I didn’t like the rough start and it still burnt oil. Buddy said it would be better for avoiding turbo oil starvation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts

View attachment 346221

View attachment 346222

View attachment 346223
You gonna wrap or paint them or do it for the culture?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Dent removal day today:

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
@Sickflo_rs you in Edmonton? My buddy is there now seeing family and mentioned it already snowed. So he took his nephew out in the power wheels to teach him to drift lol.

@SUBAFST eventually I’ll wrap it. Have a couple ideas in mind, but it’s not worth the attention until it’s no longer my daily. So I’ll rock it as is for the foreseeable future

·
Registered
266 Posts
Switched over to winters today, due to early snowfall, 3 weeks earlier than last year.

Found a nice surprise on the passenger side, I thought it was some sort of elastic band at first and kept tugging on it! Lol.

Somehow its tail was stuck between my lower valance and the front fascia, the weird part is, it's completely flattened/pancaked, no idea how this even transpired, makes 0 sense how it could have its tail stuck and be on the inside of my front fascia but flattened completely.

On a side note, using @dpaler and I jacking rails made this a breeze!

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Switched over to winters today, due to early snowfall, 3 weeks earlier than last year.

Found a nice surprise on the passenger side, I thought it was some sort of elastic band at first and kept tugging on it! Lol.

Somehow its tail was stuck between my lower valance and the front fascia, the weird part is, it's completely flattened/pancaked, no idea how this even transpired, makes 0 sense how it could have its tail stuck and be on the inside of my front fascia but flattened completely.
hahaha..did you hit a curb? probly stuck to your tire while doing so...then slid into the gap on your fascia while bumping into it.

3061 - 3080 of 3141 Posts