Ford Focus RS Forum banner

3021 - 3040 of 3081 Posts

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Track day last Sunday. Car wasn’t feeling as sweet as it has before. Realized after pulling out of the facility I had a pretty good boost leak. was able to limp it home. Also I’ve had a lot of understeer mostly due to tire choice. But I also have a lot of weight up front (fmic, skidplates, splitters etc) which isn’t helping. Usually I’m in track mode but I had to run in drift just to help take some of the load off e front. The first 2-3 laps were great, but once heat got into the tires they were Greasy as hell.

once I got home I found the boost leak. My BOV had loosened to a soft setting, but also my coupler from the turbo was off and dripping oil. Inside pipes were clean, and not showing any real oil loss in 2 track days in a month. But I guess it’s time for a full catch can / breather setup

·
Premium Member
4,505 Posts
Reactions: aheadlan

·
Registered
72 Posts
🤤🤤🤤🤤 very niiiiccce!

I would have gone, paint correction, polish..... PPF, then ceramic.

The tint gives the car character.

very nice 👍👍
Thanks man! I planned to get the PPF first, but it didn't work out timing-wise. My crappy phone pics really don't do it justice

·
Premium Member
4,505 Posts
I bet!....... if it already looks this good on picture..... I can only image in person! 🍻

Reactions: aheadlan

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Broke my car while "hard parking"

·
Premium Member
4,505 Posts
Nice photos, I think I saw one of your car... not so nice damage..... you'll power through!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Finally got the fancy stick in, absolutely awesome!

Shame cant go anywhere in Melbourne at the moment. Once we open up, gonna take it to some nice roads and track and see how good this is.

So far really happy during the test drive. Now just need to get a nice brushed aluminium plate to cover up the big hole.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Any idea where that came from? I'd be concerned that came from the suspension or engine bay.

3021 - 3040 of 3081 Posts