Ford Focus RS Forum banner

3001 - 3020 of 3081 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Hmmm never knew that! It seems to light up at around 2-2.5k rpm, depending on the gear I think. It's pretty annoying. Any way to turn it off?
You have to ask the tuner, I don't think anyone ever found a way to add/remove them otherwise.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Blanked out some ford badges.

Replaced transmission breather vent with a uni breather. (Not pictured)

Resealed my door gaskets. (Also not pictured)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
You have to ask the tuner, I don't think anyone ever found a way to add/remove them otherwise.
It's the Cobb OTS. Was just curious as to why they decided to keep it while all the other tuners don't.

Replaced transmission breather vent with a uni breather. (Not pictured)
Tell me more about this trans breather

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
It's the Cobb OTS. Was just curious as to why they decided to keep it while all the other tuners don't.
Yeah but tuners can add/remove it. JST and Stratified both had it and I had to request it be removed. I don't think Cobb would remove it, but a tuner will on their tunes.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Tell me more about this trans breather
I forgot which oil leak thread (<-nevermind I found it) it was mentioned in, but the PTU and the transmission have these hoses that lead to a breather to vent. the problem with the stock ones, they seem to not vent anything get clogged or sealed and could cause unwanted pressure that could potentially lead to leaks. The one for the transmission is near the shift arm below the intake, and the PTU one is the one towards the firewall, which I believe is more visible when you remove the crossover pipe of the intake.

I bought 2 of these but only had time to replace the one for the transmission. I'll have to do the PTU another day

·
Premium Member
4,505 Posts
Post pics on where it should be installed, I'm a bit of a visual learner. 😁

Reactions: Gibby

·
Registered
718 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Nice! Any noticeable difference? I'm still waiting on the grey boost hose kit to come back in stock so I can order it.
Haven't actually driven it since doing this and adding the second half of the mountune intake.
I would assume it wouldn't be all that noticeable.....

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Had to swap the fronts back to stock (still have the KWs in the rear) due to a little issue I ran into while rallying. Anyone digging the "low rider"/leaned back stance (high in the front, low in the back)?

Will have to run this way for a little while until the Ohlins show up.

Fun fact: doing this makes for some VERY interesting driving dynamics

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
Had to swap the fronts back to stock (still have the KWs in the rear) due to a little issue I ran into while rallying. Anyone digging the "low rider"/leaned back stance (high in the front, low in the back)?

This could become a fad!

·
Registered
139 Posts

switch your RDU tune (@Kacper) to fwd only....all good(y)

·
Registered
193 Posts
began disassembly of project rallye car. Time to upgrade the trans, drive line and suspension.

Reactions: Barroux
3001 - 3020 of 3081 Posts