Ford Focus RS Forum banner

2961 - 2980 of 3002 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Where did you end up sourcing the parts from and how was the swap?
eBaY seller overseas, paid $163 shipped, which I don't think was bad at all considering this one was in real nice condition and wasn't missing anything. The swap could have went smoother, but I got it done, it looks great, and I didn't break anything (that's a win in my book). Best piece of advice I can give is.. Do it on a day when you have plenty of free time so you don't have to rush getting it done.

This is a great thread to get an idea of what you're getting into ----> Euro Head Unit

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hey all, installed the Damond Rear Motor Mount on the car today! I just say NVH has increase around 10-20%?? Worse is when I take off from 1st gear, feels like I'm grinding thru coarse sticky sand.. so much vibration. However this is hoping it will get better in future but I like the feel now. Car feels alive! I can feel car is more connected, I feel the gears shifting but cannot comment more yet. I also replaced my brake pads, so taking it easy for now. Will test more soon

·
Registered
2018 NB LE
19 Posts
eBaY seller overseas, paid $163 shipped, which I don't think was bad at all considering this one was in real nice condition and wasn't missing anything. The swap could have went smoother, but I got it done, it looks great, and I didn't break anything (that's a win in my book). Best piece of advice I can give is.. Do it on a day when you have plenty of free time so you don't have to rush getting it done.

This is a great thread to get an idea of what you're getting into ----> Euro Head Unit
I've spent a lot of time flipping through eBay and they're either 200+ or scratched to hell. After doing the short shifter/shifter bushings I learned that you don't do this one in an evening after work, you need a full day off so that the interior doesn't look like a bear went through it haha

Looks great though!

·
Premium Member
4,182 Posts
Sorry forgot here you go
My eldest niece gave me these for my birthday:

It's the slim version as California is a stickler on blocking crap on its plates.

I also needed to install my tags so might as well do it in one stroke:

One plate frame only comes with two bolt caps, so I bought another set:

So looks even front and back:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Installed my Boomba short shifter and base bushings, my shifter setup is almost complete, still waiting on a Raceseng knob and Redline boot. Only issue I ran into was snapping off both of the retainer clips for the dowel pin (pretty sure they're made of frozen chocolate) when disassembling the shifter assembly. I'm fairly certain this happened when I did the same install to my Focus ST. I honestly don't think the dowel pin would ever work it's way out, but I rigged up the best solution I could think of at the time..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Finally pulled the trigger on the w400 package w/ETS chargepipes today. On a work trip at the moment but hoping to return to my w400 kit and YLCNCS license plate mount :cool:

·
Premium Member
4,182 Posts

25k on 21,223 miles. I'll loose money if I don't do it by months .

·
Registered
7 Posts
Finally pulled the trigger on an exhaust, aFe Takeda 3" Cat Back Exhaust. Big difference and what it should've been from the factory.

Only downside is the tips stick out too far, even when pushed all the way back. Oh well.

When I let off the throttle, "SHOTS FIRED!!!"

·
Registered
57 Posts
Installed my NB Styling hood struts... Oh man I should have payed better attention to the video because I had to redo so many steps. At least I learned from my mistakes on the drivers side and the passenger side went much quicker. I do like them a lot, they have replaced my Redline Hoods struts because I like the design setup better.

I also got my Injen exhaust installed WOOHOO! Man this thing is louder than I thought, the pops are like fire crackers going off, I'll have to be mindful of that when an officer is nearby lol. Sorry for no pictures, I hate taking them when my car is dirty.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Just came back from Town Fair Tire. I had them switch a bent 19inch OEM Black Forged rim for an OEM replacement from PumaSpeed. 2 weeks ago I bought PS4S 245/35r19y's.....Friggin love the tires. Sweet ride.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My stock '17 RS (Stealth Gray) has been in at Ford Service for almost 2 weeks. Head Gasket blew and that was with the Ford TBS upgraded gasket before I took delivery (new). Her name is Penny and I miss my "mistress". PS: I do not like "bling". Got a Cobb Mountune Access Port and only flashed the ECU to Stage 1. My Moutune pulled up codes P303 and P316. A week later P207. For all you geeks out there (and I am a geek), reply back and let me know. I know. Good news is that is is covered under warranty ...

·
Registered
274 Posts
Drove it to America's Tire to patch a screw that I found in the tire yesterday after my TPMS activated just before coming home. I don't believe that screw was there long because I inflated the tire to 43psi in the afternoon and this morning it was already at 26. Yesterday after I got off the freeway it was at 36.5 .

This is the third screw in the past 12 months. Last time another tire had two at the same time although I saw them first before air had started leaking.

2961 - 2980 of 3002 Posts