Ford Focus RS Forum banner

2941 - 2960 of 3001 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I’ve considered this, please give us the story
You need to clip the bottom of the strut into the lower ball nut first and then install the retaining clip.
Then you need a bit of force to compress the strut downways, to clip it onto the top ball.
Other than that, the nuts were the wrong size that came with the kit,
Otherwise fairly straightforward.

·
Premium Member
4,181 Posts
Same setup as what we got, only one bolt and no aligning or cutting needed.
The NB styling was challenging to install and better have touch up paint handy.

took a while to align it too!

But once you get it installed, looks really clean, no cutting and paint match too.

·
Premium Member
4,181 Posts
Dammit, one more mod to go on the wishlist. This place costs me so much money. 🤪

Welcome to the club!

just can't avoid to Mod!

give me 30 more years!

Reactions: GmpaJimj

·
Registered
173 Posts
Where did you get them? That looks really awesome.
Cheers (y)
Autobeam in the UK

Reactions: wc351

·
Registered
860 Posts
Shame the battery cover does not fit because of my strut. To install that I would probably need to try with the Airbox removed but then I would not have access to the battery. Money wasted .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
4,181 Posts
Shame the battery cover does not fit because of my strut. To install that I would probably need to try with the Airbox removed but then I would not have access to the battery. Money wasted .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

it's not wasted if you give it to me for free 😁

·
Registered
43 Posts
Twisted on my new billet aluminum RS logo'd valve stem caps. I know, not terribly exciting but cooler than the OE plastic ones. Polished, o-ring'd and have tiny theft deterrent set screws!

·
Premium Member
4,181 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,181 Posts
Ztek Manufacturing [same that makes the Jack Rails I have posted in the classifieds].
Was this a one off? It's not posted on their site.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Was this a one off? It's not posted on their site.
Ztek is a 2 man operation, production first, website is usually last to get attention. I was just there and picked up 5 more sets. So if anyone wants a set they're $30 shipped in the US, more international. Message or email [[email protected]] if interested.

Reactions: nicklulu

·
Registered
1,582 Posts

Did the oil change, checked my intercooler piping and intercooler (all 4 mounts are snapped off, got some all-round strapping holding it up now lol). All my couplers are tight but I can see some points of contact or rubbing; will need replacing one day or patching up.

My green-filter is far past done from all the rallycross but I don’t have a recharge kit. I cleaned and charged my spare k&n filter, only to realize it’s meant for the oem 2.75” airbox, whereas the fswerks is 3” and haven’t found a replacement yet. May just need to air compressor blast it and ignore the problem.

It was another 32°c day yesterday, did a bunch of pulls on the highway but didn’t datalog. For having a FMIC the charge air temp got a fair bit higher over ambient than I was expecting to be honest, but I’m happy with the timing adjustment etc. It shows knocks but I’m not worried, that was from the entire drive home from a car event and only saw 3 knocks driving like a dink.

2941 - 2960 of 3001 Posts