Ford Focus RS Forum banner

2741 - 2760 of 2784 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
I think he is meaning has the brake fluid stuffed the paint.......
Oh, i didn't have any actual leakage, I resolved the issue before it actual leaked on to the paint so i don't have any paint damage

Reactions: nicklulu

·
Registered
2016 RS
93 Posts
Got the rear brakes done, and rear coils on, and camber arms/toes....I’ll tackle the rest tomorrow... Miller time!

·
Registered
2016 RS
93 Posts
Got everything all done! Alignment feels good, and the ride was nice and smooth!

·
Registered
766 Posts
Brought mine home from the dealer, oil leaks are supposedly all fixed?
Time will tell on that one!
Its had the sealant put on the 2 places on the head gasket, and a new head gasket and the timing cover sealed also....fingers crossed its sorted once and for all.....

View attachment 342001

Fingers crossed.
I advise you learn from my experience where I thought it was fixed twice before realised it wasn't.
My car had a tendency to behave at low rpm and town speed limits when going to work.
Once I went for a joyride it started leaking again.

So when we fixed it the third time, I broke it in so to say for a few hundred KM and then took it to Germany. They performed the full recall again this time.
I kept the car close to top speed for long periods at the time.
The next day I went back to my mechanic.
We checked and it was fixed.
If it ain't leaking in 6th gear at 5500-6500 rpm with the oil pump pushing oil with more than 3/4 gauge measurement, it will never leak again :).

·
Registered
585 Posts
Shame I don't have anywhere to check it with that method here mate, that's jail time for me if I did that over here!
There is no track over here where you could reach those speeds/revs either.

·
Registered
177 Posts
...with the oil pump pushing oil with more than 3/4 gauge measurement, it will never leak again :).
In my experience that's the important bit. Another way to achieve that is with cold oil. So plenty of short trips (which I know is otherwise a bad idea).

I say this because pre-covid I drove 6000km interstate over 8 days, and there was very little additional oil from the HG area. Then (during covid) I drove just 1000km in 2 months to/from essential shopping, and then found a decent oil smear on the sump. The evidence points to the leak being worse when the oil is cold and the pressure high.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I will drive mine again tomorrow then jack it up and have a look whats going on underneath.
I will post the results.

·
Registered
2016 RS
93 Posts
finally decided to put the sequentials on... looks awesome!! Install was super easy, and fit like a glove!!
Thanks @Jimbojambojumbo highly recommend!

·
Registered
2016 RS
93 Posts
I have a video of them running, but I cant figure it out!!

·
Registered
2016 RS
93 Posts
Did a little cleaning, put some gel over lays on.. fog lens covers.. put in a new intake filter, (still waiting for the rest of my intake, and hard pipes from ets), put the crankcase breather on... maybe rear wiper delete tomorrow?...

Reactions: klex
2741 - 2760 of 2784 Posts