Ford Focus RS Forum banner

2721 - 2740 of 2802 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
I love the look of that Ford Performance brace, too bad it is so damn expensive to get one here.
That, and the fact it doesn't fit with the Mountune intake a lot of folks have, myself included...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Finished the verus carbon composite front and side splitters. Front splitter is chassis mounted, 4 bolts underneath and the stock hardware up top and bumper comes off. I was able to keep my ADF undertray too. Oh gave the intercooler a quick spray to black now.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Swapped on the slotted rotors, new pads, got the brembo’s back on and new braided lines. Did a lot of 100kmh-0 to bed in the brakes. Lots of heat, lots of smoke as any residue burns off. Pedal is suspiciously soft though. The brakes were bled without issue and using motul rbf-600. Guess I’ll give it a few days and then bleed again to see if more bubbles show up.

took off the HRE’s and put the xxr’s back on with little spacers to see how they fit etc.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Swapped on the slotted rotors, new pads, got the brembo’s back on and new braided lines. Did a lot of 100kmh-0 to bed in the brakes. Lots of heat, lots of smoke as any residue burns off. Pedal is suspiciously soft though. The brakes were bled without issue and using motul rbf-600. Guess I’ll give it a few days and then bleed again to see if more bubbles show up.

took off the HRE’s and put the xxr’s back on with little spacers to see how they fit etc.

View attachment 341947
View attachment 341948
I thought you should do 100-20 braking, not coming to a complete stop. I'd imagine there are a lot of schools of thought around it though.

·
Registered
342 Posts

View attachment 341947
View attachment 341948
When i bled my brakes and changed my pads and rotors the driverside outter drain screw (the one pictured) took air for some reason thru the screw threads, i had to bleed the system again and wrap it in plumbing tape for it to hold pressure again, not saying this is what happened with you but its definitely something to keep in mind.

Reactions: 320icar

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
When i bled my brakes and changed my pads and rotors the driverside outter drain screw (the one pictured) took air for some reason thru the screw threads, i had to bleed the system again and wrap it in plumbing tape for it to hold pressure again, not saying this is what happened with you but its definitely something to keep in mind.
Wow good call dude. Let the car sit for a while and went to look. Left front wheel clearly shows residue

·
Registered
342 Posts
Wow good call dude. Let the car sit for a while and went to look. Left front wheel clearly shows residue

View attachment 341950
At least its an easy fix with some more fluid and Teflon tape, i ordered another cover but didnt bother installing it as the tape is holding up for now

·
Registered
2016 RS
95 Posts
Washed her up for her garage visit tomorrow.. she’s getting new rotors/pads/and dropping an inch!! Along with my summer tires, and maybe put the spacers on!! Depends how ambitious I get!

.... washed this one last week

·
Premium Member
3,002 Posts
At least its an easy fix with some more fluid and Teflon tape, i ordered another cover but didnt bother installing it as the tape is holding up for now

Hows the caliper stand up on the brake fluid when some comes out?

One of my Evo had purge a bit on the caliper and the finished was ruined.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Hows the caliper stand up on the brake fluid when some comes out?

One of my Evo had purge a bit on the caliper and the finished was ruined.
I noticed right away the peddle wasn't the same, it was very soft and and took a while to actually engage so i retightened everything because i didnt have any noticeable leaks but i had pressure on the peddle until i did the driver front side so i knew it was that one and then looked up what it possible couldve been and someone mentioned the air slipping through the screw threads so i put the teflon tape on it and havent had an issue since. Havent noticed anything with the caliper since.

2721 - 2740 of 2802 Posts