Ford Focus RS Forum banner

2641 - 2660 of 2721 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Any details on the wheels, tire size and spacers. Look great.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
They are Konig Ampliform 18x8.5 et43 with ST Suspension 10mm spacers. The tires are Michelin PS4S 245/40/18.

I didn't like your switch from the RPF1s at first, but these are really growing on me.
I feel ya, before the spacers I wasn't sure on them, but now... I'm liking them more and more. I also like that they are so light at just under 19 lbs each.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Covid 19 light maintenance.

Oil change and summer prep. Don’t know for what tho as all my track days are cancelled .

My car is not used to be stationary so long. After a 1 hour warm up of all relevant fluids I had to be creative in my quest to bring the car to 165 mph.

Border with Germany is closed and they won’t let you pass without a valid reason. “ Hallo Officer, I wanna machen tachen to the geschwindigkeit please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
130 Posts
Those screw holes in the centre of the bar really mess up the front end, that would do my head in!
Yea I either buy OEM at $200ish or carbon fiber for more. I’m still thinkin... gotta give to Carmax to use SUPER thick, mismatched, extra long screws to affix the old bracket and plate. Stab wounds galore and even rust on my plate from an untreated screw.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Finally adjusted the coilovers to the good height. A little low in the front for what I prefer, but if I raise it up I get spring bind. Then added the new decal on the back window. I also plastidipped the area behind the rear diffuser. I removed mine a long time ago due to how much mud/rocks/snow it collected. Now at least it looks oem from 5 feet away

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Got my decals from dmb graphics. I like the airbox inlay and how it peeks out of my hood vents but not sure about the fender decals. Mocked it up and can't decide...feels a little too "pep boys"

·
Registered
139 Posts
Finally adjusted the coilovers to the good height. A little low in the front for what I prefer, but if I raise it up I get spring bind. Then added the new decal on the back window. I also plastidipped the area behind the rear diffuser. I removed mine a long time ago due to how much mud/rocks/snow it collected. Now at least it looks oem from 5 feet away
Mmm, I want a carbon hatch

·
Registered
183 Posts
Do you get a metallic "ting" when you shift 1-2 or 3-4 with this lockout?I bought a shiftsolutions one and it "ting's" and rattles like crazy
Mine does that too, got the same setup from them. Was thinking of putting a o ring or something on it at the top.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
92 Posts
Do you get a metallic "ting" when you shift 1-2 or 3-4 with this lockout?I bought a shiftsolutions one and it "ting's" and rattles like crazy
So this was exactly why i bought this bc i had purchased a metal lockout collar off if ebay and that ting was sooooo annoying....the clearance between the raceseng piece is much better and there’s zero sound while shifting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
530 Posts

View attachment 341018

View attachment 341019

View attachment 341020

View attachment 341021
How was that carbon hatch install? What was the weight savings?

I did the anderson fenders and that was not enjoyable.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
@OverkillYJ I usually do all my own install, but since new glass has to be put in I just had the body shop take care of it all. For those wondering it’s a seibon hatch, and the shop was very impressed on its fit and finish. They usually hate touching aftermarket panels but this had little-to-no cleaning up needed. I can’t remember off hand for the weight savings. It comes in a massive box. Had my friend in his Tacoma come pick it up. We grabbed it and lifted it into the bed and damn near yeeted the box into the stratosphere. It was deceiving light. Somewhere I read it was 35lbs with glass? But I can’t fully remember.

I eventually plan to order a carbon hood and fenders which I’ll do myself. Why did you hate the fender install? I can take off the front bumper in about 10 minutes, I didn’t think the fenders would be too much work after that

·
Registered
530 Posts
@OverkillYJ I usually do all my own install, but since new glass has to be put in I just had the body shop take care of it all. For those wondering it’s a seibon hatch, and the shop was very impressed on its fit and finish. They usually hate touching aftermarket panels but this had little-to-no cleaning up needed. I can’t remember off hand for the weight savings. It comes in a massive box. Had my friend in his Tacoma come pick it up. We grabbed it and lifted it into the bed and damn near yeeted the box into the stratosphere. It was deceiving light. Somewhere I read it was 35lbs with glass? But I can’t fully remember.

I eventually plan to order a carbon hood and fenders which I’ll do myself. Why did you hate the fender install? I can take off the front bumper in about 10 minutes, I didn’t think the fenders would be too much work after that
They did not fit well. A lot of trimming and drilling to the brackets. Still not where I would have liked it, but after 6 hours I was done.

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk

2641 - 2660 of 2721 Posts