Ford Focus RS Forum banner

2621 - 2640 of 2713 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Which hood is that? I was literally looking at vividracing version. Same idea but I see yours is a bit different?

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk
seibon TV style hood

·
Registered
2016 RS
47 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
No issues with parking at the airport?!

I have not flown since this BS started!

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Got the CAE shifter in, spending the week tweaking it little by little before the console goes back in.
Welcome to the dildo club! lol Took me about 3 weeks to adjust mine...and I'm still not 100% happy with it (still not smooth going into reverse). You probably know what you're doing unlike me lol

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Welcome to the dildo club! lol Took me about 3 weeks to adjust mine...and I'm still not 100% happy with it (still not smooth going into reverse). You probably know what you're doing unlike me lol

A girl walking by and saw you guys in your car " Is that a CAE shifter in your "center console" or you're just happy to see me?"

ROFL!

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Drove my RS local and to L.A. today to check 2x 2003 Focus SVT with EAP, both Orange.

There's only 301 of those produce.

The one in San Diego was stock with minor blemishes on the paint and interior imperfections , 84,333 miles. It was a dealer trade-in for overheat and was worked on, the thermostat and housing.

the seller is a tech, the took out the top end of the motor and got it cleaned and made sure its in spec on no warp from the over heat, new head gasket and the bottom block was measured and decked to spec.

He was asking $5,200. Top of the KBB value is $4,000 for the car.

the other in L.A. has 90,000 miles and has a procharger superchager. also 2003 with EAP.

front and rear bumper faded and a dent on the trunk. interior is the same as the one in SD, other than the wear and tear on the seats is on the driver seats (the SD is on the front passenger seats)

Guy just had it for a week, he traded it for the Mustang he had +cash apparently from a Mountune staff. He was asking $6,200.

I got out of the parking lot to test drive, but unfortunately the driving experience was not as expected.

Back to the drawing board....

Just to note though what are the odds of finding 2 out of 301 Focus SVT with EAP and get in them in the same day.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Wait for a clean one, it’s worth it. The only gripes I had with the SVT is that it didn’t come with an LSD as standard, it really needed one. And 2nd gear is suuuuper long, making the car feel slow. Normally modern cars are designed for 2nd gear to top out right at 100kmh (60mph) but in this car it goes all the way to about 115kmh. Super not necessary

·
Registered
73 Posts
Lol I'm winging it, the stops are pretty straightforward at the top, it's just tweaking the two adjusters for each shift cable that I'm fiddling with. I have it like 99% right now, but randomly reverse will put up a fuss before going in.

I also have the mountune shift arm on, gonna try taking its counterweights off to see what, if anything that changes.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Lol I'm winging it, the stops are pretty straightforward at the top, it's just tweaking the two adjusters for each shift cable that I'm fiddling with. I have it like 99% right now, but randomly reverse will put up a fuss before going in.

I also have the mountune shift arm on, gonna try taking its counterweights off to see what, if anything that changes.
I had to take off the Mountune arm, it was just too stiff with it. I swapped back to the stock and modified it per the directions from cae (remove counter weights) waaaaay better.

On the reverse making a fuss, I've found that going into first first seems to make dropping into reverse much easier.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Finally folded myself into the drivers floor area and installed the sway-bar links to stop the stupid seat from moving side to side. I hope that stops it once and for all. I have a Ford Edge that has the same design problem, so maybe I'll buy another set for that thing; though, it doesn't obviously experience the same side-loading that the RS does.

·
Registered
353 Posts
New wheels are on with spacers, and I'm loving the new look of these Konig's. The RPF1's are going to get cleaned and stored for a while. I also got to put my new 35mm lens to use, and started messing around with my 200mm lens. Crazy how far you have to get to frame a shot with it.
I didn't like your switch from the RPF1s at first, but these are really growing on me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
2621 - 2640 of 2713 Posts