Ford Focus RS Forum banner

2521 - 2540 of 2576 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Did NOT drive it to work like usual (thanks Covid19 )

This is extra tough coming from doing a 300mi drive around the NorCal coastal range roads over the weekend.
Jealous. I want to get in on those rallies but they sell out so quickly.

Also, your photos are coming through kind of choppy/low-res for some reason.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Jealous. I want to get in on those rallies but they sell out so quickly.

Also, your photos are coming through kind of choppy/low-res for some reason.
Ya, I think I barely got in. Wanted to do this one since it was nearby vs all their other rallies. There will be another Sierra one in Sept I believe. I think the pics are looking low res since I uploaded using tapatalk.

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Did NOT drive it to work like usual (thanks Covid19 )

This is extra tough coming from doing a 300mi drive around the NorCal coastal range roads over the weekend.
Looks like a great experience!!
When you say, sold out, is this an overnighter with room & board?
How do they conduct themselves on the road? We had a group come through, and advertised it as kind of a rolling car show. (Six figure cars) We went to their lunch stop, and fell in-line to cruise awhile. These people were insane! I’m no chump...hey, I drive an RS already! But passing on curves? Really tarnished their rep. In my eyes! I hope they come back, so I can ignore them!

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Looks like a great experience!!
When you say, sold out, is this an overnighter with room & board?
How do they conduct themselves on the road? We had a group come through, and advertised it as kind of a rolling car show. (Six figure cars) We went to their lunch stop, and fell in-line to cruise awhile. These people were insane! I’m no chump...hey, I drive an RS already! But passing on curves? Really tarnished their rep. In my eyes! I hope they come back, so I can ignore them!
Sort of. The rally is put on by a local group and goes for 2.5 days and takes the group around scenic tight and twisty roads. They "sell out" since they try to keep the group relatively small and only have a certain number of spots. They don't include room and board but block out rooms in some hotels along the route and provide a route book that you can follow and 2 dinner parties for socializing with other drivers. The group is pretty mellow and is mostly comprised of middle-aged folks (30's-50's) and skew more towards older interesting cars than fast exotics. That said, there is still a "fast group" but they are pretty strict about obeying passing rules (no passing on double yellow, etc).

@BigFatFlip what the hell is that on the bonnet in the 4th pic?
Light bar since I mostly do early morning runs.

·
Registered
24 Posts
At the shop Saturday morning, changed oil & filter, installed the 2018 rear (updated) shocks and billet jack plates.

Attachments

2521 - 2540 of 2576 Posts