Ford Focus RS Forum banner

2501 - 2520 of 2576 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
That was more my point, "if they gave a damn"
Its not like it improves the performance or gives him any advantage over the other competitors.
You guys are a terrible influence.. I’ve had friends tell me the same thing lol hmmm

And yes tech is definitely on the honor system locally

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Lake Effect Storm shut-in!
1. Uncovered RS
2. Rinsed off
3. Pinnacle foam gun
4. 2 bucket method wash
5. Meguiars Clay Bar
6. Meguiars #9 swirl remover
7. Meguiars NXT Tech Wax 2.0
8. Chemical Guys butter wet wax
9. Covered RS for 3 more months 😢

·
Registered
596 Posts
Picked up new / used cylinder head, oil pick up, water pump and sump from my buddy to drop to my mechanic. Awesome that the long block will able to be built on a stand almost completely before the one in the car is pulled. Oh and valve cover - Wrinkle Red anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Prepping for an epic road rally with some friends, so changed the oil, did a brake fluid flush and flushed the clutch master cylinder while I was at it (thank you power bleeder!), took a stab at calculating the appropriate pressures for the 17" PS4Ss and rotated the tires.

Have you tried launching the car since the install?

I sometimes get a loud clunk on launch or hard 1->2 shifts cause of the stock rmm flexing. I would totally grab a mountune rmm if it were allowed in the street autocross class. :/
I don't typically do hard launches (I usually do mostly canyon and track driving) but I have done a handful to try out launch control. I never really felt what you and a lot of other folks are describing, which was why it took me months to get around to installing this one. I have done a couple of LC launches since the install and I don't really feel that the launch was any "better" or that it "hooked up" better, just felt more shaking in the cabin. YMMV I guess...

·
Registered
596 Posts
Ordered a PTP turbo blanket and bought a Cobb shifter bushing, cable bushing set and two cans of Wrinkle Red. Currently have six orders inbound to my mechanics shop. Record smashed!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I stretched the legs on the rs today on the tail of the dragon, as the weather was nice. Ended up going all the way to Fontana dam. There was no traffic and the roads were decent and didn’t have a lot of debris from all the rain and runoff that we have had here.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Finally got the car clean enough to install the carbon fiber spoiler extension that I've had sitting around for a few months. It's way more aggressive than the Mountune carbon fiber I had before.

·
Registered
238 Posts
It comes out better if you can put it in a fan forced oven or some other form of even heat, have even seen people use hooded bbq and a pizza oven!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Also, did you do the coats on varied angles ?
First coat, left to right
Second coat from top to bottom
Third coat on a 45° angle ??

·
Registered
53 Posts
New kid here, my name is Kristofer!

2017 Focus RS(2) and as my first post I can’t put up and photos.... sad day.

Anyway, I’ve installed only a few tidbits to fix the driver experience so far:

Steeda clutch pedal assist spring
adjustable gas pedal spacer
COBB x Weathertech front/rear floor-mats

Wrenching in tomorrow:
COBB OEM turbo blanket

En route:
Ford Performance Short Shift Kit
RS carbon shift knob

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hey if you dont mind me asking, where did you get the extension from?

It's from ProjectRST, which is an offshoot from Fifteen52 I think.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Installed:

Cobb FMIC and charge pipes
Cobb RMM
1 step cooler plugs
GFB WGA
Turbosmart recirv valve
100 cell high flow DP
Stratified tune
Cobb short shifter @ 30% reduction