Ford Focus RS Forum banner

2481 - 2500 of 2561 Posts

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
MBRP charge pipes, Depo Racing intercooler, DMG Fab front skid plate with side protectors and upturned lip. I also replaced all the worm gear clamps on boost pipes with spring loaded t-bolt band clamps.

One time, with band clamps...

Hre's the skid plate, intercooler, and a dirty RS

·
Registered
591 Posts
Steeda clutch spring went in. Awesome. Travel is now even and lighter - the uneven travel and annoying spring-back of the oem clutch is gone. Big tip for those doing this - ignore the CJ Pony Parts install video. If you try it their way you will go insane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
Friday, I installed whiteline springs ETS intercooler, cp-e hot and cold charge pipes with exhale kit, radium baffle plate and some new LED bulbs all around. Torrie @ Unleashed gave me an updated file and it’s running pretty damn strong. A few more adjustments incoming.

Yesterday, I finally got around to mounting the newly refinished and powdercoated OE forged wheels (thanks Billy @ NeedPowderCoating) to some fresh DWS06 and threw them on the RS. Turned out pretty good, although now I need to change all my yellow inlays to gold for more matchy matchy.

My DZX spacer shaft nuts are getting anodized and once they’re back, spacers will be on as well.

Current state:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Friday, I installed whiteline springs ETS intercooler, cp-e hot and cold charge pipes with exhale kit, radium baffle plate and some new LED bulbs all around. Torrie @ Unleashed gave me an updated file and it’s running pretty damn strong. A few more adjustments incoming.

Yesterday, I finally got around to mounting the newly refinished and powdercoated OE forged wheels (thanks Billy @ NeedPowderCoating) to some fresh DWS06 and threw them on the RS. Turned out pretty good, although now I need to change all my yellow inlays to gold for more matchy matchy.

My DZX spacer shaft nuts are getting anodized and once they’re back, spacers will be on as well.

Current state:

Wow! How good do the factory wheels look in gold! Nice!!

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
They turned out much better than I was expecting. They were powdercoated in Golden Rod (one stage powder and 2 coats of clear).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Great choice! Your stance is what I’m looking for too. Would you list suspension mods. and any susp. tuning numbers? Thanks!

·
Registered
591 Posts
Ahead of fitting a Mountune sleeved shortblock, bought a JE Proseal headgasket, CA625 head studs, Supertech valve springs, Supertech synchros 1-6 and an Xtreme organic dual plate clutch. Spare head booked in for cleaning and mild porting. Gearbox bearings next!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Great choice! Your stance is what I’m looking for too. Would you list suspension mods. and any susp. tuning numbers? Thanks!
This is simply whiteline springs only, nothing else. Am looking into RSB and end links as well. I have DZX spacers that will be going on as well, once the shaft nuts are back from anodization.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
591 Posts
Bought a spare cylinder head and Steeda left and right side engine mounts. The head will drop onto my Mountune short block off the car and speed up the process of swapping engines over. Next is a cylinder head gasket set, break in oil and replacement coolant!

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Got a fresh alignment: -2.5 deg at the front and -1.5 at the rear, 1/16 toe-out in the front and 1/16 toe-in in the rear. Came from 0 toe front and rear. The slight toe-out really makes the steering and turn-in livelier. The toe-in at the rear should help mitigate the tram-lining on the freeway and torque steer.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Getting a new motor.

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Installed the Mountune roll restrictor I've had sitting around the garage for months this morning while the kids and the Mrs were still asleep (only time I get to wrench unfortunately #dadlyfe). Am I missing something here? Don't feel any difference driving or launching. Seems all I get is slightly more nvh... Waste of money imho...
Have you tried launching the car since the install?

I sometimes get a loud clunk on launch or hard 1->2 shifts cause of the stock rmm flexing. I would totally grab a mountune rmm if it were allowed in the street autocross class. :/

·
Registered
227 Posts
That was more my point,🤦‍♂️ "if they gave a damn"
Its not like it improves the performance or gives him any advantage over the other competitors.

2481 - 2500 of 2561 Posts