Ford Focus RS Forum banner

2441 - 2460 of 2466 Posts

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Finally had some time to install my @Shimmer special skid plate. It was such an easy install, I felt spunky so I tackled the Mountune SSC that has been sitting in my tool box since last year. Surprisingly, taking the circlip off was the easy part, putting it back on took all of 2 hrs...f!ck that thing...

·
Registered
366 Posts
Changed out the transmission fluid. After 3 years and 55,000 miles my shifts have been feeling a little chunky lately. She's shifting like new again.

Also, that stuff is unicorn blood dude. $30 a quart.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Exhaust valve has been squealing over the last couple of weeks. I pulled the valve and hit it with WD40 on all moving parts, put some grease where the spring on the actuator engaged with the physical valve, all better.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Picked up a set of forged wheels (custom painted) from forum member Cdez84.

They replaced my OEM cast wheels, which I'll put snows on next season. (I had a damaged bead on one of my original tires. The forged set came with Cup 2's with some life left, so that's a win-win.)

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Installed the Mountune roll restrictor I've had sitting around the garage for months this morning while the kids and the Mrs were still asleep (only time I get to wrench unfortunately #dadlyfe). Am I missing something here? Don't feel any difference driving or launching. Seems all I get is slightly more nvh... Waste of money imho...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yes. On my ST back in the day, after a Ford Racing Tune with Uber torque, I tried the Cobb RMM. NVH was awful but driveline shuffle decreased.
The driveline shuffle on my RS was bad enough that I tried replacing the stock RMM with a new one thinking that might help, because I do have a warranty.
Did not seem to make much difference.
Moving forward lesson learned.
Will just leave it as is and will have to live with a bit of driveline shuffle.
Seems to be inherently a transverse motor mount problem.
As the title of the thread is what I did today I topped off the fuel tank and ran it through a touch less automatic car wash.
It is due for a hand wash and some wax though.
On the bright side while commuting and drafting off of other cars the MPGs are not bad I seem to get about 23-24 mpgs after the gasket and head replacement so I can’t complain too much. Disabling the TC and or the stability control seems to help the mpgs a bit. I still owe a bit on my loan but it less than the car would trade-in for.
I am overall mostly pleased with the RS.
Local dealer has been good about providing a rental recently while the nearly every part touching the rear brakes was replaced minus the left rear caliper. After driving a rental Fiesta the RS really is a superb drivers car and even with the driver assists disabled it goes where I point it with very little torque steer drama.
Fiesta base model was scary to drive in comparison. Hopefully there will not be too many rental cars I have to drive while the RS is being repaired, at least not Fiestas with a highway speed death wobble in the tires.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Got my car roadworthy again after a week and a half. Latest revision struts from Rock Auto were over $100 per corner cheaper than through the dealer with my employee discount. Swapped my 440lb springs to the rear and bought some 400lb springs from Ground Control for the new struts. Whether it’s the springs or the struts, ride compliance improved while balance feels unchanged.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Installed the Mountune roll restrictor I've had sitting around the garage for months this morning while the kids and the Mrs were still asleep (only time I get to wrench unfortunately #dadlyfe). Am I missing something here? Don't feel any difference driving or launching. Seems all I get is slightly more nvh... Waste of money imho...
More aftermarket stuff than most would admit to actually is I think. Seems anything made out of Billet aluminium just "must" be superior. A lot of stuff you buy aftermarket just hasn't had the thorough testing of the OEM. Problem is people aren't likely to admit stuff they have paid good money for isn't worth it.

Ciao

·
Registered
620 Posts
I got my revised mats so now they actually fit !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
3 Posts
Drove very spirited to work and back. Played with the accesport, got some Rally Armor in the mail and currently shopping for an intake. Heavily considering the K&N system. I dont like the look of the heat shield assembly but the tubing is fresh and the system is very well priced compared to others.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was curious about this part. I have installed similar on other cars and felt a big difference but I dont feel a need for it in the RS.

·
Premium Member
2,490 Posts
I was curious about this part. I have installed similar on other cars and felt a big difference but I dont feel a need for it in the RS.

The CPe Stage 2 RMM made a differecne on mine since it move the orientation the other way:

2441 - 2460 of 2466 Posts