Ford Focus RS Forum banner

2401 - 2420 of 2466 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Washed and cleaned mine inside and out, ready to take into the dealer tomorrow for them to assess the car for the supposed banjo bolt leak, which I have told them it's the timing cover! Could be an interesting day!!
Looking forward to hearing the outcome.

·
Registered
105 Posts
After the conversation I had with them today, and the information I have up my sleeve, I'm sure it will be a favourable outcome!

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
Nothing done to the RS but related somehow!

Parked it next to the ‘19 Golf R my mom test drove tonight after I recommended she should consider it against the used S3 she was looking at!

Great car, definitely capable and offering more comfort than the RS which is exactly what my mom was after! I can totally understand why some were hesitant between the RS and the R!

Plus she can have is with the manual transmission and as little drivers aid as possible with the “base” model! The digital dash is a nice gadget too!

I’ll get to drive it soon if they agree on all the details with the salesman!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
Replaced my Depo intercooler with a Cobb unit, and got new clamps for the charge pipes. Fitment is way better, and the hoses aren't going anywhere. Now I need a throttle spacer with an NPT bung because I don't want to drill into the Cobb FMIC for my WMI.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Please say a word about the DSC cont. Does it justify the price?
It definitely makes it less harsh on the street. I haven’t had a chance to track the car yet so I don’t know if the track mode settings are good enough but I’d imagine so.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Installed an exhaust finally. MBRP 3" aluminized. Pretty happy with the sound. A little overbearing when you're stepping on it from 2-3000rpm. But if you're driving normally you wouldn't really notice.Only took 30 mins to install. Gotta love having hoist access

Attachments

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
Prepped the RS for winter rally school next saturday (jan.18th): checked all fluids and swapped to the studded Hakka 9 for the event.

Got to test them on some small twisty snow/ice covered mountain roads, what a monster it became with the studded tires on such roads/conditions!

Still need to make sure my garmin camera is ready to bring back some footage from the event and give the car a good wash on Friday to get rid of as much salt as possible (as per track organizer request).

Gooluck to your mom with the purchase!
Oh and my mom did end up buying her golf R last week, delivery planned for Friday when she’s back from vacations down south. That will be quite a nice pair of hatchbacks!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Well, it was time to let the RS go. Found a deal I couldn't pass up on a left over 19 Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack 2. Been lusting for this car for 2 years and was finally able to pull the trigger. While I loved the RS and will miss it, I am so happy! The RS was returned to stock. Look for stuff coming up for sale! It's been awesome.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Had the block heater and cord replaced.... it was throwing breakers and declared NFG by the Ford Tech. 1 litre of coolant was lost and replaced during the warranty repair.

·
Premium Member
1,475 Posts
Today was time for the RS's yearly oil change. That went fine......

I tried to get them to look at an issue I've had with the car for the past year and a half. I had to replace a tire on the right front because a large screw punctured the tire. The dealership replaced the tire(grudgingly), ever since the car has pulled to the right. Well, last year when I took the car in for a oil change and rotation, the never rotated the tires. So I did it myself, and the pull went away, because the new tire was now on the rear of the car. Today I wanted them to look at the tire to see if there was anything wrong or if it was out of balance. They rotated the front tires from side to side, same with the rears. So the rear tires are still on the rear of the car and the fronts are still up front.:cautious: So nothing really happened there. I shouldn't be surprised, but I am. At least the tech got to rip in the RS twice... Once before rotating the tires, and again after rotation... The 2nd drive was..... spirited. I'll just leave it at that. He didn't abuse the car, but went faster than I would've gone on a busy feeder road. I won't bore you with a video.

I also looked at a 5.0 Mustang. The want is really strong with that car.:love: I still need 4 doors though.😌

·
Registered
105 Posts
Put the ETS exhaust valve simulator on, which arrived in the post, after having a custom exhaust installed a few weeks back......

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Well, it was time to let the RS go. Found a deal I couldn't pass up on a left over 19 Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack 2. Been lusting for this car for 2 years and was finally able to pull the trigger. While I loved the RS and will miss it, I am so happy! The RS was returned to stock. Look for stuff coming up for sale! It's been awesome. View attachment 338314 View attachment 338315
Huge fan of the PP2. How much?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

2401 - 2420 of 2466 Posts