Ford Focus RS Forum banner

2341 - 2360 of 2372 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
They call it “Blue Flame” and it’s a 99% ripoff of NB. It doesn’t have as much sparkles in it up close as NB does.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Ate up some mountain roads for breakfast, and got food all up in my grill. Toothpick, anyone?
My car looked exactly the same way this morning, but not because I went on some cool maintain roads, just got stuck behind a landscaping truck on the way to work lol

·
Registered
586 Posts
Winter wheels on :

Installed Mountune Short Shifter. Felt very natural from the get go. Also installed a Cold Air Intake and a Ford Performance Carbon Strut.

PS: forgot about the oil change. 5W-50 Castrol Supercar fully Synthetic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
292 Posts
Put in the stock RMM for warranty work. Turns out it was a waste of time because the trans and engine guys don't work Saturdays. Well F.

It feels kind of nice though, the lessened vibrations.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Put on the snows...
Same here! Trying some 225/45/18 Nokian Hakka 9 this year since the pilot alpin were done after three winters.

Also dropped my new (used) 18in wheels and summer tires to the powder coat shop this morning, went with a semi-gloss black for color (sorry didnt take a ‘before’ picture). Will post the full details about them when I get them back! Will be ready for next summer too!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
^^^ Is that oil coating between the fender joints?
It’s the anti-rust grease stuff the bodyshop at my Ford dealer used after repainting the rear quarter panels where they mate to the bumper joint.

The paint peeled pretty bad there, the first bodyshop did a bad job that lasted about 8 months, second bodyshop was in the same building as another Ford dealer and knew how to take care of it (we’ll see how it holds this winter...still not 100% convinced it will last). They enlarged the gap by sanding down the edge of the bumper cover I believe and stuffed grease behind the joint before re-assembly.

It’s looking that bad mainly cause I didnt wash my car in a long time! I also have it treated with Krown each year which also seems to seep out when I havent washed it in a while.

I’m really hoping all that plus the added protection by the euro guard and the edge trim will prevent paint peeling from re-occuring!

·
Registered
465 Posts
It’s the anti-rust grease stuff the bodyshop at my Ford dealer used after repainting the rear quarter panels where they mate to the bumper joint.

The paint peeled pretty bad there, the first bodyshop did a bad job that lasted about 8 months, second bodyshop was in the same building as another Ford dealer and knew how to take care of it (we’ll see how it holds this winter...still not 100% convinced it will last). They enlarged the gap by sanding down the edge of the bumper cover I believe and stuffed grease behind the joint before re-assembly.

It’s looking that bad mainly cause I didnt wash my car in a long time! I also have it treated with Krown each year which also seems to seep out when I havent washed it in a while.

I’m really hoping all that plus the added protection by the euro guard and the edge trim will prevent paint peeling from re-occuring!
Hey Barroux, im getting my rear quarters, hatch, front fenders, and mesh grilles resprayed next week at Chartrand’s in house bodyshop. Hope it gets done properly..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Good luck @Overspooled! Hope everything comes out nice and lasts through at least a few years! What was wrong with the tailgate? Didnt have an issue with mine yet! Ford changed all my grilles, they wont last more than one winter in our climate without pitting and severely rusting, I learned to live with it and accepted the fact they wont last!

These guys know the Focus that’s for sure and have seen this issue over the last 5-6 years on this platform! The mistake I made the first time is I insisted to have my car done at a recommended bodyshop that had never seen a Focus with this issue. I’m lucky Ford covered it twice under warranty...although now my 3years warranty is over and the extended warranty does not cover paint. My front fender started doing the same at the bumper joint on the driver side, will have to keep an eye on that!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Good luck @Overspooled! Hope everything comes out nice and lasts through at least a few years! What was wrong with the tailgate? Didnt have an issue with mine yet! Ford changed all my grilles, they wont last more than one winter in our climate without pitting and severely rusting, I learned to live with it and accepted the fact they wont last!

These guys know the Focus that’s for sure and have seen this issue over the last 5-6 years on this platform! The mistake I made the first time is I insisted to have my car done at a recommended bodyshop that had never seen a Focus with this issue. I’m lucky Ford covered it twice under warranty...although now my 3years warranty is over and the extended warranty does not cover paint. My front fender started doing the same at the bumper joint on the driver side, will have to keep an eye on that!
Thanks a lot. The tailgate paint lifted on the edge where it meets the taillight. Everyone said someone hit it, but I got it back from the dealer with the paint lifting but still on. It eventually fell off. My warranty is about to end, and I don’t drive it in the winter. Also, they are doing one fender I believe, because we couldn’t see paint lifting on the other (hope it isn’t at all).
Now I have to hope the job is well done and matched well to my Stealth Grey paint.
I remember that you had it done at procolor, which made me second guess the dealer. But im glad you were satisfied with the job so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Procolor was the first time, the real issue is how they treated me and denied their one year warranty blaming the ´metal’ since it pealed back at the same location. To make it clear though it was my fault for dealing with them, they used to be a family business until they grew bigger and joined the Procolor brand. I think the people who recommended them had dealt with them a few years ago when they still cared about their reputation. The headquarters sent a guy who’s job is to deny any warranty job as much as he can. Got to deal with that guy right after they did the job too and my undertray fell off on the highway. They did not cover the price of a new one either. Plus they had my car for almost two weeks, dropped it off as planned on appointment day and didnt move an inch for the first ten days. Bad experience from start to finish with them!

Chartrand has the Carrxpert bodyshop in the same building and so far they were great to deal with and they gave me the impression they knew better than Procolor about fixing this issue! They got the car in the shop right away and were done quickly too. Should have went with them the first time!

We should start a thread about how the reworks hold over time!

2341 - 2360 of 2372 Posts