Ford Focus RS Forum banner

What did you do to your FoRS today?

2M views 6K replies 610 participants last post by  Martin y 
#1 ·
I've been anxiously waiting for more FoRS's to make in on the road before starting this thread. It's time to show us what you're done: ie.. added, modified, got your hands dirty or want to show off some new wheels or fixed something minor, hopefully nothing too catastrophic. Photos are a BIG plus! So here's the first mention of what have I done to my FoRS today.

This weekend I ordered an oil analysis for Dewey from Blackstone Labs:

Blackstone's standard analysis will tell you what you need to know about the condition of your engine and how it's wearing. The standard analysis costs $28.00 and includes the following:

Spectral Exam: Establishes the levels of wear metals, silicon, and additives present in the oil. Also checks for coolant.

Viscosity: Determines the grade of oil.

Insolubles: Quantifies the percentage of solids present in the oil.

Flashpoint: The flashpoint is the temperature at which the vapors from the oil ignite. When the flash is lower than it should be, it shows a contaminant (usually fuel) is present.

Standard Analysis

I'll be saving a sample for the kit when I do a 500 mile oil change. I only need to collect at least 2.5 oz to do all of the Blackstone tests and then mail back the kit for analysis.

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
In effort to get as much heat out of the engine compartment as possible (suggested by another member) removed the rubber air Dam that mounts to front of the shroud for the windshield deck and the decorative engine shroud to allow air to flow over the engine and out in front of the windshield. Given that these run on the warm side any increased flow should help.

Installed new 9mm throttle pedal spacer for better driving position.

Dropped in Tune,+ std tunes, and data logged. All set and running fine, next step is data logging 91 octane map.

Ordered Boomba short throw shift lever/bushings.

Tomorrow swapping out brake fluid for Motul RBF 600.

#5 · (Edited)
On the way home from work today, I gave/taught a Physics lesson to a overly rambunctious new Mustang GT owner.

He's definitely now wishing his Mustang had AWD given the rainy and wet road conditions.

Forgot to mention that afterwards same Mustang owner maintained his distance after being schooled.

#9 ·
Got the Accessport in the mail today from being set to COBB for an upgrade, then promptly flashed the OTS Stage 1 93 Octane tune. So long inconsistent overboost.

Reactions: Maurice
#12 ·
#18 ·
Went to my local Ford Stealership to pick up engine oil and a filter, going to change the oil tomorrow.
Initially they were asking $9,000 over list for their RS, then they said $4,000 over and finally $2,500over.
I said I'm not interested in paying over list and walked, against my principals.
Found an RS below list and picked it up a few days ago.
Was nice driving my new RS into their stealership.
By the way, their RS is still sitting in the showroom.

#27 ·