Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bear with me a minute.

A couple of years ago, I lived in central Texas where there was a huge group of Subaru fanatics. As a result, some of them had BRZs.

Then one of the creative types in that group got to thinking "let's have an FR-S / BRZ day, and it would be the Saturday closest to 8/6 because GT-86". I wasn't really there when that thought happened, it is just a short summary of how it might have happened.

Anyway, thinking about it, there are a few options I can see:
1] April 4th because FoRS
2] The day the car was announced for production
3] The first shipping day
4] The forth Thursday of April (a bit of a stretch, but still because FoRS)

I'm sure there are other ideas also. Anyway, the point of having a "Focus RS" day is to have a gathering of Focus RS vehicles, go drive around in a group, meet up for lunch/dinner during the drive, and lie about all of the EvoX and STI we have destroyed over the years.

It was such a big deal in Texas that several tuners sent stuff in for a raffle at the end of the day.

There are much fewer FoRS vehicles than 86s, but with enough planning, I suspect the gatherings could still be put together. Especially in large metro areas.

SUMMARY: Lets come up with a few ideas for what the date could be, then make a poll and have an official vote for what day on the calendar is FoRS day.

Cheers,
Chris

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Yes it is not specific to the RS, but more about all focus and trim levels. Kind of all incompassing. Not sure there needs to be just an "RS day " per se`. But I'm open to what ever.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
tomorrow, because june 27th is the day I pick up mine!

·
Registered
506 Posts
Personally, as far as I'm concerned, EVERYDAY IS FOCUS RS DAY for me. :victorious:

Once I get my car, that is... :neglected:

Reactions: StevenP

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
160 Posts
What day is "Focus RS Day"?

I think we need an RS day not focus day!

Let's do October (October fest since the car is German)

Let's organize a US national gathering for all RS's near Washington DC this October 2016

Maybe at Summit Point Motorsports Park

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
160 Posts
What day is "Focus RS Day"?

I think the Germans and Ford are going to come up with more RS's over different models, just like the ST!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts