Ford Focus RS Forum banner

141 - 147 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Oh dayumm and i forgot to add......i reallly really want to drive the new supra and the c8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Lol so my friend whose 718 i drove, his previous car was a brz and before that it was a miata....i totally agree that for the money the brz is awsome.

however if money was no option at all id be content with a manual 911 4s....i think im over the whole “rwd” phase. Actually, the RS is what made me appreciate AWD.

I wouldve even mentioned that id get pdk bc its awsome and really fun to drive but i know myself and i know that if those key elements arent there (clutch, stick, heel toe/revmatch, engine acoustics) then id get bored within 2 months. Again, im not dissing pdk. Its the best for track and high hp cars but just not my steelo.

Oh and i know hp becomes pointless on public roads at some point but ive come to agreement on 400hp....thats my special number.....my happy medium. Anything more is fun but useless and can become stupid and anything less just doesnt do it for me in regards to “seat of pants” (i learned that recently online) ....this is all just my opinion obvi....an idiot who loves driving cars.
Funny enough, the Cayman GTS that I drove had the PDK and I'm a little on the fence with it. Yes, it was nice to tool around in during rush hour traffic, and yes, the shifts were very fast and crisp while I was in the twisties, and even in auto/"sport" mode, I was in the right gear 90% of the time, but having just that little bit of separation from the car kept it at a "good" driving experience but not a "great" one.

With regards to power, I've changed my mind on having a set power level and have focused more on power to weight ratios. I've driven a buddy's Suzuki Cappuccino that only has 65hp and I swear I had more fun in it that the Cayman lol. Guess who's trying to import one now...

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Gah, that Cayman GTS is SUCH a good car, even with the PDK. Heck, it's probably a better car with the PDK because the PDK is SO GOOD.I'd still rather have it with the 6spd though...

Tracked one at a rent an exotic place for a couple of laps. Was lapping the GTS nearly as fast as the new NSX. The GTS can dive so deep into corners and is so well balanced. Plus, these modern Porsche's are so reliable. I was seriously looking at a GTR at the time (had reserved that car, but it blew up earlier that week, so I was left with the NSX). Just in chatting with the staff there, the Ferrari's are finicky, the Mclarens are pretty good until they're not, the Audi and the GTR always have issues (and the GTR is fat), but the Porsche's just keep on ticking. The Cayman GTS had 50k miles! All track! Drove amazingly well.And since the Porsche possie hates that turbo 4cyl, there is definitely going to be some good opportunities in the next few years to pick up a decent one. Let's be real, 95% of Porsche's live their lives never seeing a race track. Until their on their 2nd or 3rd owner. :)

My only qualm with the Cayman GTS is that it's a Cayman GTS and is popular, but always overshadowed by the 911s. I'd gladly take the GT4, but I like to be different.

@BigFatFlip I've been wanting to get behind the wheel of a Cap or Beat for a while. There's one of each locally here in Denver. Such cool and fun cars. But if I was going Kei sports car, I'm going Autozam AZ-1 allllll day. Used 1992 Autozam AZ-1 For Sale at Duncan Imports and Classic Cars | VIN: 000000PG6SA101581

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Gah, that Cayman GTS is SUCH a good car, even with the PDK. Heck, it's probably a better car with the PDK because the PDK is SO GOOD.I'd still rather have it with the 6spd though...

Tracked one at a rent an exotic place for a couple of laps. Was lapping the GTS nearly as fast as the new NSX. The GTS can dive so deep into corners and is so well balanced. Plus, these modern Porsche's are so reliable. I was seriously looking at a GTR at the time (had reserved that car, but it blew up earlier that week, so I was left with the NSX). Just in chatting with the staff there, the Ferrari's are finicky, the Mclarens are pretty good until they're not, the Audi and the GTR always have issues (and the GTR is fat), but the Porsche's just keep on ticking. The Cayman GTS had 50k miles! All track! Drove amazingly well.And since the Porsche possie hates that turbo 4cyl, there is definitely going to be some good opportunities in the next few years to pick up a decent one. Let's be real, 95% of Porsche's live their lives never seeing a race track. Until their on their 2nd or 3rd owner. :)

My only qualm with the Cayman GTS is that it's a Cayman GTS and is popular, but always overshadowed by the 911s. I'd gladly take the GT4, but I like to be different.

@BigFatFlip I've been wanting to get behind the wheel of a Cap or Beat for a while. There's one of each locally here in Denver. Such cool and fun cars. But if I was going Kei sports car, I'm going Autozam AZ-1 allllll day. Used 1992 Autozam AZ-1 For Sale at Duncan Imports and Classic Cars | VIN: 000000PG6SA101581
Agreed with Porsche engineering, they just know how to make cars great. I actually got caught in a bit of snow and had to cross a couple of rocky "washouts" when I was in the hills and the Cayman handled it very well, no sliding around or scrapping. They definitely know how to make a great car that can handle 90% or road conditions.

My only complaint with owning one is that that engineering doesn't come cheap and when you do break something, it's $$$. Plus, I've been around enough owners at cars & coffees and PCA events to learn that I can't stand the typical "Porsche (911) above all" owner.

The Cap and the Beat are both super fun cars, I just preferred the turbo "umph" of the the Cap, but the Beat did have the same racy noises as the Cayman due to the mid-engine layout. As much as I'd love an AZ-1, those have just skyrocketed in price. Just compare that one that you had linked to similar Caps & Beats, we're talking almost 2X in price!

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Agreed with Porsche engineering, they just know how to make cars great. I actually got caught in a bit of snow and had to cross a couple of rocky "washouts" when I was in the hills and the Cayman handled it very well, no sliding around or scrapping. They definitely know how to make a great car that can handle 90% or road conditions.

My only complaint with owning one is that that engineering doesn't come cheap and when you do break something, it's $$$. Plus, I've been around enough owners at cars & coffees and PCA events to learn that I can't stand the typical "Porsche (911) above all" owner.

The Cap and the Beat are both super fun cars, I just preferred the turbo "umph" of the the Cap, but the Beat did have the same racy noises as the Cayman due to the mid-engine layout. As much as I'd love an AZ-1, those have just skyrocketed in price. Just compare that one that you had linked to similar Caps & Beats, we're talking almost 2X in price!
Uey. Porsche owners. The Spring meet for PCA is in Colorado Springs at the Broadmor. The inlaws live in AZ, so it's an easy drive for them, and my wife and I are going to meet them. I'll do Porsche stuff with him, my wife and her mom will do spa stuff and take care of the dog. Right now, he only has a Cayenne and an 11 GT3 RS. That GT3 RS is not a car to go cross country in, but maybe I could convince him if I fly to him, we can drive it there. Otherwise, we're going in the Focus RS! But yea, Porsche people... Will be interesting to spend a weekend around them. I will say that my first "super car" is going to be a 911 GT3, or maybe even at Cayman GT4. But that's because they should be largely good investments with lower cost of maintenance compared to a lot of the other $75-125k used sports cars. NA Porsche's generally have lower expense costs than turbo'd ones. He also had a 2012 Turbo S, and every time that went in for routine maintenance, it was 1.5-2x what the GT3 RSs was. His words, not mine.

Oh yea, the AZ-1 at 2x the price of a comparable beat or Cap. Hard to justify. But that AZ-1 is just so cool. Saw one on the high way in FL once. Was in an F150 rental car and wanted to ask if he wanted to pull it into the bed for a lift. They are SO small.

I'm seriously thinking about, and have been for some time, a Nissan Pulsar GTi-R, 1990-94. If it was 10k, I probably would have done it already, but at $15k, it's a bit more than something to beat on, daily and not care. I don't mind leaving a $5k S4 Avant outside and beating on that, but I can't justify the extra $10k. A 2004-05 S4 is also going to be a lot safer than a early 90's Nissan hatch back.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
I'm seriously thinking about, and have been for some time, a Nissan Pulsar GTi-R, 1990-94. If it was 10k, I probably would have done it already, but at $15k, it's a bit more than something to beat on, daily and not care. I don't mind leaving a $5k S4 Avant outside and beating on that, but I can't justify the extra $10k. A 2004-05 S4 is also going to be a lot safer than a early 90's Nissan hatch back.
Lol, funny enough, I also considered a Pulsar for a while, but with the RS, I felt it would be a little too similar experience-wise.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Man i just wish they continued making the damn car here in the states. Like, i wouldve had no prob “doing it over” by just selling mine and getting the next gen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

141 - 147 of 147 Posts