• Rain-X

Votes: 13 32.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 7.5%
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Necro-bump! Any new recommendations, particularly for the rear? After this last storm we just had here in NorCal, I think it's finally time to replace my stock rear wiper.

Surprisingly, the OEM fronts are still wiping cleanly after 6 years, so I'm really inclined to replace them with OEM. Granted, it doesn't really rain very often where I am and I do regularly rain-X my cars, so maybe not using them as much plays into it a litte.

Those with the Bosch ICONs, how are they holding up?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Necro-bump! Any new recommendations, particularly for the rear? After this last storm we just had here in NorCal, I think it's finally time to replace my stock rear wiper.

Surprisingly, the OEM fronts are still wiping cleanly after 6 years, so I'm really inclined to replace them with OEM. Granted, it doesn't really rain very often where I am and I do regularly rain-X my cars, so maybe not using them as much plays into it a litte.

Those with the Bosch ICONs, how are they holding up?
For the rear I just replace the rubber refill with a spare one from another blade that I might have around - because of the negative pressure and the dust that gets accumulated it gets dirty and starts streaking even if brand new quite quickly anyway. I noticed last week that have to replace it again but they usually last me a year or so

·
Premium Member
8,038 Posts
Been on OE for a while now and 4 more years due to the maintenance plan.

After than, I'll be going for the Costco special.

Reactions: BigFatFlip

·
Premium Member
2,872 Posts
I love Rain-X I don’t think they’re the cheapest, but I have good luck with them on the Escape. Read your manual or Google how to change the rear blade. Basically pry it off with a screwdriver. Don’t be suprised if the mount clip breaks off the blade, and stays inside the blade cover. Keep prying.
Speaking of wipers. I just washed mine and put the drivers wiper on the bottom. When I started the car, the wipers made a full sweep, paused at the A pillar position, then reset with the driver side on top.
Human intervention fails again.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Ended up getting the whole set of Bosch ICONs from Amazon since they were available as a set AND came sooner on prime than from my local Ford dealer, who said would take a week or so to get in. Considering we're fast approaching the dreaded 100+F days of summer, I doubt I'd be using these any time soon, but will post my thoughts once I do put them on and get a chance to try them.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Man, and here I am on year 5 with 50k on the OEM factory blades.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts