Votes: 3 7.5%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Administrator
16,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Windshield Windscreen wiper Glass Automotive mirror Auto part

Pulled this from Jalopnik.

If you’re anything like me, you probably put up with streaky and worn out wiper blades for far too long. So when you finally do get around to upgrading (most likely because you have to pass an inspection), you want to invest in the best brand possible. So we want to hear from you: Which wiper blades do you trust to get through any storm?

1) Your nomination should contain the specific name of the product, why you think this item is the best, a link where the item can be purchased, and an image of the item.

2) You can also vote for your favorite in the poll above or you can nominate your favorite if not listed in the poll.

3) Please do not duplicate nominations.

So who makes the best wiper blade out there?

http://gear.lifehacker.com/what-are-the-best-wiper-blades-1795471188

·
Registered
175 Posts
The OEM ones are still on backorder apparently. Just heard from Tasca about it today, and they don't have an estimated availability date.

WW-2958 - Left Wiper Blade (WW-2802 for FoST)
WW-2959 - Right Wiper Blade (WW-2803 for FoST)

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
I'm a store manager for Autozone and since I have changed thousands of wiper blades in my life and people tell me about there experience with blades. I can say rainx have the best/longest reputation of them all. With Bosch icons following in 2nd.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I've been using the factory ones. And I change all my vehicle's blades every fall, so they are fairly new going into winter.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I haven't tried a whole lot of blades but the first time I bought a quality set of blades (Bosch), I can't bring myself to buy anything else.
Exactly my sentiment.

I just put enough polish & Rain-X on my windshield where I never use my wipers on any of my rides...
I really do like how Rain-x repels water, but never tried waxing my windshield...

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
I really do like how Rain-x repels water, but never tried waxing my windshield...
Clay and seal, or even just clay your windows and you'll be amazed.

It's not only that water runs off the windshield at speed, but even mist clumps up and it increases visibility by a lot.

Do all your windows and always keep them clayed/sealed.

·
Administrator
16,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OK, I'm a Michelin fanboi.

·
Premium Member
2016 RS
1,135 Posts
I'm sticking with the original OEM Motorcraft blades. I have my original set on after nearly a year and 20k+ miles and they still work perfectly. After reading they are different than the standard Focus blades and hard to get, I ordered a pair from my dealer last week. One side is in and the other is due this week so I have some spares.

·
Premium Member
1,046 Posts
I just put enough polish & Rain-X on my windshield where I never use my wipers on any of my rides.... I HATE seeing the streak marks..... Just wanna see smooth glass....
Same here. I find Aquapel to be the best. Lasts much longer than Rain X

Vehicle Car Automotive fog light

I would have to agree on the Bosch and Rain X wipers though. They are the best.

·
Premium Member
1,615 Posts
I used to RainX my windshield and windows after every car wash, Now I just wax them all after each car wash. The water just beads up and rolls off. I do use the RainX wiper washer fluid.

I have gotten into the habit of RainXing the windshields of every rental car I get. I travel with a bottle of the stuff. It's funny watching the face of the rental agent while I apply the RainX. I'm sorry but I despise a windshield without hydrophobic capabilities. And don't understand how anyone can operate a vehicle in the rain without it.

But getting to the question at hand... The stock wiper blades on the RS are fine. I never needed to change the ones on my ST in the entire 2 years I owned it. The ones on the RS are still going strong 21 months later. I have tried to remove one just to see how it attaches, I can't get the damn thing off. lol

On my F150, I use the mid priced($10-ish each) RainX wiper blades. They last maybe 10 months.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts