Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we all have be pouring over what some of the info on our DORA's mean and "who's on first", "whats on second" and " i don't know's on third"..... I got a lovely call today!! My DORA is a 19... And it was implied that "well 10's get theres first and 19's might be mid year 2033".... turns out that 10 or a 19 doesn't mean spit! Ford called and told me my car will be MADE in the first part of January!!! And that I should be picking my car up by the end of February. Build schedule is CONFIRMED!!!:cool:

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
As I've said in a different post. Priority is just what the dealership chooses to put in there. Its probably more for if the dealership is ordering multiples of the same type of vehicle. When I finally got my DoRA though my priority went to 2 which I believe only Ford can do. If was stated forever ago that US production would start in January and delivery in spring.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Dealer said the car would be ready mid February, so that's when I expect it. She told me she would provide updates along the way.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ford called you?
or your dealer called you?
either way, hope its legit
It was ford (or so I think). It couldn't be my dealer because it was a 313 area code and my dealer is in a 253 area code. So I don't know where it was from. But, it was a "curtesy call, to up date me on my order" . And I quote, (well the best i can remember from what he said) "Hi this is Bill or Bob from ford. I am calling just to let you know that your car build schedule is set and will be a early January build. It will be one of the first built and we anticipate a late February delivery." "I hope this good news, and thank you for ordering a 2016 ford focus RS" And that was it.?!???

·
Registered
418 Posts
So we all have be pouring over what some of the info on our DORA's mean and "who's on first", "whats on second" and " i don't know's on third"..... I got a lovely call today!! My DORA is a 19... And it was implied that "well 10's get theres first and 19's might be mid year 2033".... turns out that 10 or a 19 doesn't mean spit! Ford called and told me my car will be MADE in the first part of January!!! And that I should be picking my car up by the end of February. Build schedule is CONFIRMED!!!:cool:
What order date was on your DORA?

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
It was ford (or so I think). It couldn't be my dealer because it was a 313 area code and my dealer is in a 253 area code. So I don't know where it was from. But, it was a "curtesy call, to up date me on my order" . And I quote, (well the best i can remember from what he said) "Hi this is Bill or Bob from ford. I am calling just to let you know that your car build schedule is set and will be a early January build. It will be one of the first built and we anticipate a late February delivery." "I hope this good news, and thank you for ordering a 2016 ford focus RS" And that was it.?!???
313 was the area code that that guy who won the raffle got his notification from.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Not too sure. I've never heard of corporate calling someone about a car purchase though.

Maybe we'll all get a phone call. That'd be a nice touch.

I'm hoping mine is a later build. We get some nasty snow and salt up here in michiganistan, and I'd rather not have it come home in that junk!

·
Registered
520 Posts
My sales manager called me yesterday and basically said the same thing and that my RS would be within the first round of scheduling. Coincidence much?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Not too sure. I've never heard of corporate calling someone about a car purchase though.

Maybe we'll all get a phone call. That'd be a nice touch.

I'm hoping mine is a later build. We get some nasty snow and salt up here in michiganistan, and I'd rather not have it come home in that junk!
Well what can I say? Somebody called me today around 12:30ish pst. It was not a local number.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Did you confirm this with Nick @FordService on the forum??

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
About this Discussion
55 Replies
26 Participants
tbone
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing