Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Overall it was a fun car to play with but it was never going to have enough power for me. I left a note in the owners manual but if anybody happens to come across whoever buys it send them my way with any questions.

out with the old and in with the new. I’ve been talking myself out of buying one of these for years.
Vehicle Car Grille Hood Green

Land vehicle Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Grille
Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Car

·
Registered
117 Posts
Overall it was a fun car to play with but it was never going to have enough power for me. I left a note in the owners manual but if anybody happens to come across whoever buys it send them my way with any questions.

out with the old and in with the new. I’ve been talking myself out of buying one of these for years. View attachment 355759
View attachment 355760 View attachment 355761
Not gonna lie, I would sell my RS with no second thoughts for a GT-R if I could afford one. (granted a 2000 skyline GT-R v-spec II is my dream car)

What are the details on the GT-R? and if ya don't mind me asking, how much did it run ya?

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Fuk yes!!
I would sell my RS in a heartbeat to own a GTR also.
Beast!!

Reactions: kylebrk

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Welcome to the club....who built it?.....gtrlife.com is loaded with knowledge just not very active...I hope you got a decent PPI...Enjoy that Beast

·
Premium Member
6,707 Posts
Welcome to the club....who built it?.....gtrlife.com is loaded with knowledge just not very active...I hope you got a decent PPI...Enjoy that Beast

I was going to say "Where is @crepr12 ......."

Not gonna lie, I would sell my RS with no second thoughts for a GT-R............. (granted a 2000 skyline GT-R v-spec II is my dream car)
Same here, only car that I would take in yellow (that and a Ferrari).

Enjoy your Godzilla!

Reactions: kylebrk

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
I like the GT-R, but honestly, its overpriced and heavy. Way too much money for a 10+ Year old chassis.

For the money they ask, I'd be spending it on something else.

·
Premium Member
6,707 Posts
Wow!

How much you got it for if you don't mind me asking.

Nice pics and great specs!

👍

·
Registered
931 Posts
If their is one thing I’ve learned in my 25yrs of cars and hooning it’s that I def don’t need 900hp to smoke most cars. Hell I’ll smoke most cars in boss Miata RF which makes 180hp. Just saying 😂. If straight line launching is your thing dragsters are way faster 😉 and a insane fwd Honda will run 8-9 for less than a gtr 🤪 . Which also makes me think about GTR race cars being only RWD. lol.. Happy Friday bastards 👊🏼

Reactions: DeanHart and FU3LD

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
"The original owner of this R35 GT-R, a lawyer, was racing his lawyer friends who all owned Porsches. The lawyer was selling the car because his Porsche buddies were giving him flack about competing on the track with a Japanese car...The Japanese car was out-lapping some of the GT2 cars they were driving. The pressure on the lawyer was enough motivation to sell the GT-R and buy a Porsche..."
wow... that says a lot about the Porsche community 😂

·
Registered
267 Posts
Never been a GTR fan myself----I'd be looking to get on the waiting list for a new Vette. (y)

Congrats to you though! Glad you got the car you wanted at a price that was right for you too! Looks awesome! (y):cool:

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
Funny how everybody’s tastes are different. When I was still too young to drive (early ‘70s) I wanted a Maserati Ghibli SS. It didn’t help that a guy in my neighborhood had one. He owned a spa, Harry Brace’s Roman Spa, so of course he had a Maserati. It was loud and awesome.
As I got older I developed an affinity for small cars with powerful engines. And I haven’t changed. I’ve had a lot of cars, including Porsches, but I’m still drawn to the pocket rockets. My RS is one of the funnest cars I’ve ever driven. Sure, it could be a little lighter but I’m not complaining.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
What would you get?
If I'm gonna have a heavy car Gimme that Porsche Panamera Turbo S.

Lighter 2 seat car? C8 Z06, or Porsche Cayman GT4. Done.

Reactions: Slurve
1 - 20 of 35 Posts