Ford Focus RS Forum banner

121 - 140 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey everyone,

My names William Esterly, I drive a 2017 NB FoRs and have done little things here and there. Cobb AP w/Tune+, Cobb Filter, NGK Plugs, Turbosmart BOV, Oil Catch Can, Cobb Short Throw Shift Plate, Rear Wing Spacer, Rear Wing Inlays, Yellow Fog Lights, Massive Speed Oil Pan Baffle, Massive Speed Balance Shaft Delete, Mountune Crank Case Oil Baffle.

Previous vehicles include:

2011 Hyundai Gen Coupe 3.8 w/ Stroker Kit, Big Turbo... List goes on and on
98' Chevy Camaro Z28 w/ BTR Stage 4 Cam, Built Engine
2012 Ducati 848EVO
2015 Mazda 6
2012 Chevy Silverado w/ Intake, Exhaust
2005 Dodge Neon SRT4 ACR Edition w/ FBO and Stage 3 Turbo Kit

·
Registered
1 Posts
HI Jake here from south MN , Got myself into A used one owner white 17 RS got it with 5,000 miles on it and A new motor with the fix-its done to it. so far been great an this looked like the best forum to be on being A RS owner . thanks !

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Hello RS Fans,

Name is Aaron (A-A-Ron is also acceptable), I joined this site a few months back but just haven't posted a formal intro so this is it!

I purchased a 2018 RS on Friday July 13th after returning the lease I had which was a 2015 ST with the ST3 package. Loved the ST a lot and almost made the purchase at my lease end. After hearing the the RS production was stopping, I decided to return my lease and hunt down an RS. I wanted an RS ever since hearing Ford was going to bring them to the US and followed the car since then. I am a huge fan of hatchbacks and have owned a few previously. '95 Civic SI SOHC and also had a '10 Impreza Sport. Good thing I waited for the '18 with the issues the '16 had with the head gasket, I'm very happy that I waited for the '18. I feel like I got the best version of this great car!

I haven't done any mods to it yet other than unplugging the stupid harness in the back hatch that feeds the fake ass engine noise through the speakers into the cabin. SO STUPID! I know a few other cars do this (BMW i8 also) but I would rather hear the pure sound of the car and not some fake noise like i'm playing Gran Turismo inside the car. I do have some basic plans for it but nothing crazy.

For those of you joining the site and are contemplating trying to purchase an RS, I urge you to:
1. DO IT!
2. Find a dealership that has had one for a while (a few months at least). They are losing money on it when it sits that long so they are more inclined to work a better deal on the car than if they just got one. Getting one is going to be difficult as I am sure most of know they are only about 1000 in the US and the Blue and Red are the only colors available for the '18. I got mine about 3 hours from where I live and paid invoice price for it. Dealer had it for over 100 days! Also watch out for the dealers random fees, they will add pointless fees to the bill that most people over look. They tried with me (and wife. My wife is also very much into cars as I am and wanted this RS as much as I). There was probably close to $1000 in miscellaneous fees the dealership tried to add and we had them removed before signing. Another good tid bit is that some dealers will have the windows etched as a security measure for car theft. YOU DON"T HAVE TO PAY FOR THAT! Have the price of that removed as that is something a dealership pays for to protect the car while they have it on the lot.

I could ramble some more about my experience purchasing this car but my intro post has kind of turned into sort of "keys to buying an RS blog" lol So i'll end here.
Feel free to reach out with question of any of you new peeps to the site have some questions. Happy to help out.

Cheers,

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi, my name is Eric and I’m from Michigan. Just bought a Ford Focus RS in race red brand new a few days ago. Love the car so far. Came from 15 yrs of owning different Subaru’s. Many wrx’s and 1 sti. One thing I noticed right away is how the RS feels so solid. Excited to be apart of a new community.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Another new Race Red member here; I've had the car for about two weeks after I bought it used with a little over 9k on the clock and no mods and well taken care of (and still has new car smell lol). I've had a E46 M3, a Toyota MR2 Turbo with lots of mods for about 13 years, and have gotten to drive Evos, STis, Corvettes, Mustangs, Chargers, etc over the years. My first "modded" car was an '01 Corolla that I put rims and crappy suspension on, and I'm glad those days are long behind me. Before purchasing the RS, I have been getting around in my '05 Tacoma since I sold my MR2 about three years ago. I'm glad to be back in a small fun car and I always wanted an AWD turbo car since I used to be a big fan of the WRC. I was dead set on getting a Type R because of it's larger interior space and Honda reputation but most of the Honda dealers were real scummy about selling Type R so I ended up looking for a RS.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hi, my name is Eric and I’m from Michigan. Just bought a Ford Focus RS in race red brand new a few days ago. Love the car so far. Came from 15 yrs of owning different Subaru’s. Many wrx’s and 1 sti. One thing I noticed right away is how the RS feels so solid. Excited to be apart of a new community.
If it’s the one from Fox Ford I was looking at that one:encouragement:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey everyone,
I just picked up a new holdover 2017 in NB. I'm super excited to have this awesome car to add to the garage. I've wanted one for a while and finally got the wife to agree to buying it. I have put about 500 miles on it in the last two weeks and loved every second of it. It's getting ready to go in for the HG check. It's engine build date is December of 17 so I'm hoping they find nothing wrong. Anyways pumped to have a RS and be part of this awesome forum!

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Hey all,

Happy owner of a '17 Stealth Grey RS2, since May 2017. Currently at 44k, being daily driven around the DC/MD/VA area.

I am sad to report that I have had to go back for another HG check, as the first replacement was not successful. This time it looks as though I will be receiving my car with a replacement cylinder head.

Happy to join this forum and learn some new things from you all.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hello everyone,

Dwayne here. Just got my FoRS on October 31st and am loving it ( currently in the garage, to much salt, sand, rocks on the road for my comfort :mad-new:). Can't wait for spring! Love Fords and have plenty of them. :driving::encouragement:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi guys... I joined this forum a long time ago and then i finally upgraded to an RS in September of 2018. I wasn't ready to start modding but now I am. So here I go!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hey All,

Just joined today after using the forum a few times for info since getting my 2017 MK3 last March. Have only done cosmetic upgrades to my RS at the moment. A full vinyl wrap, lowered rear and Maxton bodykit. Love the car although have a few reservations since having a few issues which im sure will go away the more it gets driven :encouragement:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hello,

Just joined today after using the forum to check on RS issues before making the decision to buy my 2017 MK3 in Dec 2018, and oh boy it's a huge upgrade from my '09 Camry. Yes it's also the first stick shift car I've ever driven. Got the baby when she's about 167 miles. Currently sitting at ~1150 miles. Here to learn about the RS from you vets. I've never really done any mods or been in a car world, so uh go easy on me :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All -

I'm John in St Petersburg FL. I've been drooling over the RS since it was announced that it was coming to the US in 2015. I finally picked up my 2018 Nitrous Blue baby yesterday. I'm looking forward to learning about which mods are a priority for newbies.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Greetings, I am a new forum member, but focus RS owner for the past year. I sold my wrx for a bmw 135i and missed the awd hatch. I think i kept the bmw for about 4 months before selling and purchasing my RS from a close friend. I have been loving ownership ever since!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just picked up a 2017 Focus RS (wrapped in matte grey). Will be my daily driver and replaces my golf R. I've really like 1) AWD 2) 6 spd manual 3) and hatch. So no brainer for me since I've had some many VAG products and wanted to try something new. This car WILL NOT see any track time as I have an SCCA Spec RX8 (full cage, etc...) for HPDEs.

IMG_0489.JPG

·
5,586 Posts
Great to see so many new owners especially since the car stopped production.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
33 Posts
New Guy

Wife is preggo....Need a 4 door.....Have a 2016 Mustang GT s550 ( heavily modded).....Want a 2018 focus rs....Want insight/knowledge.

- my mustang is the first car ive ever owned and modded this much. i'm not at all experienced in asking the dealer to trade my 2016 gt for a 2018 focus rs......If/when one is available near me, ofcourse. . Whats the experience like? Will it be very costly?

Thanks

121 - 140 of 145 Posts