Ford Focus RS Forum banner

101 - 120 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all, my name is Daniel and I've lived in SoCal my entire life. I just recently got my hands on a 2017 Frozen White RS and have done the following to the car so far: PPF whole front end, RockBlox flaps, and Mishimoto wrinkle Nitrous Blue CAI. My previous car (that was used as part of the payment) was a 2007 Chevy HHR LS with Eibach lowering springs, JetPerformance chip, JetPerformance MAF sensor, customer Magnaflow exhaust and Airaid CAI. I still have, and will remain my baby, is a '52 Chevy Styleline Deluxe which was purchased brand new by my grandfather in 1952 (still have the original PINK slip) that has been retrofitted with a 468 cu.in BBC, '72 IROC rear end, built TH400 tranny and lots of other goodies. For the 2 wheeled enthusiasts I also ride a 2001 Moto Guzzi V11 Sport (the cheap Italian bike) in the anniversary metallic green. Thanks for putting up this forum. Hopefully I will be able to add as much to this forum as I will get out of it.

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
2017 Stealth Grey

Hello, my name is Dean. I'm enjoying my RS in Vancouver BC.

Purchased in September '17, 10,000 kms so far. Upgrades for ergonomics complete, suspension under way, and waiting to add power.

Huge thanks to members here for contributing knowledge, insight, and how-to posts!

I've worn out two civics, a subaru, and still own a Gen1 Mazdaspeed3.

My requirements are: hatch + manual + awd = RS

RS-DV.jpg

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hello all, short time lurker and have been hunting for a 2017 or 2018 RS. Even though my username says RS2 I have been getting offers on 2017 RS1's for 35K well under invoice. Its very tempting. I really want a 2018 RR Focus RS but not sure I want to shell out 7K more for one. Have owned Performance Fords for the last 25 years. 93 and 93R Cobras, 95 Cobra R, 2003 and 2004 Cobras, 2013 Focus ST, 2014 Shelby GT500 and 2015 Focus ST. I have not been this excited about a vehicle like this RS for a long time. Really can't wait to own one. The 2017 that I looked at yesterday was a 4/17 build date and the engine build date was 17D25. I did not check for the gasket but I figure it has the B gasket. Looking forward to being around this RS crowd.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Intro post completed. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Brought home my brand new 2017 Focus RS2 in Stealth Gray today. I've been driving SUVs for what feels like forever, with 2 of 3 kids in college now it's time for some FUN! First thing I want to do is swap out the shift knob which is how I found the forum. Lots of good info here, looking forward to taking it all in.

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Dad finnaly dumps 180k mile SUV for new Focus RS. Now that's some good news!

Wife has 2017 Flex, youngest daughter a 2016 Escape, middle daughter a 2013 Mercedes GLK350, son a 2014 Fusion - I was driving a 2005 Freestyle with 180,000 miles which I just happen to have on the rack - I'm installing new catalytic converters (real joy there, serious knuckle busting). Now where's the fairness in that? Anyways, my sales guy Joe called and said there was a 2017 RS on the lot that needed a friend (Nitrous blue). Could not resist, so I freaking bought it (that was this Monday 3/5). Love this thing! A few years back I had a 2014 Focus (4-door sedan S - 2.0L I4 GDI) with a 5-speed manual and had a real blast driving it. Even at 160 hp the 2014 Focus sedan S did real well at high revs and was fun to drive when shifting through gears near red-line. So gentleman and ladies, its time to drive fast.

·
Registered
4 Posts
What's up, fellas. Checking in from Chicago. Just picked up a '17 Stealth Grey RS to become garage mates with a couple BMW E30's and a '69 bug. Figured I would say what's up to my fellow RS brethren.

·
Registered
4 Posts
What's up, everybody. This is Ike from Maryland. I've been obsessed with the RS since it was first announced, and my wife surprised me with a 2017 NB as a Christmas gift! RS2 package, Tune+ W400 tuning package (intercooler upgrade, wastegate, accessport, etc.) and some cosmetic upgrades so far, with some more improvements hopefully coming soon. I don't pretend to be a hardcore "car guy," but I love driving and talking about cars, and hopefully I can learn some stuff by following the folks on this forum. I'm coming from an 08 Mini Cooper S JCW and a 2012 Mini Countryman S, but the RS is by far the most fun car I've ever owned. His name is SirExcellent, he's my everyday car, and my 3-year-old daughter loves it when "daddy's blue car goes [engine sounds]!."

I'm looking forward to interacting with you guys (and gals)! Maybe I'll see you on the road someday.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello. Luke here from Oklahoma. Have been driving my rs almost everyday for 13 months. Just been lurking in forum but with all the recalls and what not, I feel the more voices the better. Also seems like a great way to share data and ideas on mods and upgrades. I was wanting something that was fun no matter the weather. Drove a new STI and looked at golf R. But lucked out and found an RS at reasonable price. I think it has more personality than the others I looked at. It still makes me giggle and grin when I play around in it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
IMG_5468.JPG

whats up just got this 2018 in red so I could drive it down to the playa haters ball. my last cars were a 2003, and 2008 civic SI that I pimp slapped the vtec out it's mouth for 130k .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey everyone!
Jay from Canton, OH here.
I just bought a used 2017 Focus RS with 14,000 miles on it Saturday. Love it!
It is white (Badass), fully loaded, and has the black 19" forged rims. Since this is my daily driver, I'm looking to trade someone for the same black forged 18" rims. Also, I'm going to be selling my 2008 Audi RS4 (wrapped in matte black vinyl otherwise nearly stock, 128,000 miles, great condition). Let me know if you know anyone interested!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hey all...just placed a deposit on a MY17.5 LE RS.
Cant wait to pick it up.
Also have an early Evo in the garage and a GSR converted Mitsubishi wagon as a daily.
So this is my first foray into the Ford world....hopefully a positive experience!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hello All,
Longtime lurker, new actual member. Nathan in Summerville, SC.

Picking up a Race red 18 next week - looking forward to the drive back!

First Ford - the RS is replacing an Audi A6 - looking forward to the more favorable power to weight ratio

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi all! Greetings from Long Beach NY!

I've decided to trade in the '15 Fiesta ST this week for the bigger beast :) Paperwork is signed and I'll be picking up my new '17 Shadow Black RS on Monday.

Looking forward to this forum! I hope to meet a few of you folks at meets, cruises and any events in the Northeast!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello Everyone. My name is Derek and I started with a Focus SE, then went to the Focus ST and now I have the Nitrous Blue 2018 RS. I loved my ST and love my RS a lot more. Adding a Big Mouth and Boomba Blow off valve on it now. Adding Mountune B3 Package soon.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello from Jacksonville, FL

Today I traded in my 2014 Fiat Abarth for a 2018 Nitrous Blue RS with moonroof and car cover. The dealer is putting in a new battery and giving it a good detail - I should pick it up in the next few days.
IMG_20180722_170714.jpg

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey guys
My name is Cameron and I live in Hobart, Tasmania, Australia. I have recently upgraded from a FoST and am waiting to collect my 2017 RS in a week. I have to say I am hugely excited and cant wait to get behind the wheel. I am a long time Ford fan and look forward to gleaning some good information off you guys as I go through this journey.
Cheers

101 - 120 of 145 Posts