Ford Focus RS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hi there everyone! Came from a 2016 STi and I'm loving the RS already. Now we just need spring time to come up in Minneapolis!

See you guys around.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Randy from Orlando Fl here, I previously owned a 2013 focus ST Now Im the proud owner of a 2016 RS, Shadow Black, forged alloy wheels, Moonroof and RS2 option. I'm loving it although I took off the Cup 2 tires after 1500 miles and replaced them with the Pilot sports that are standard they were just too noisy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi from sunny England. Ordered in stealth grey May 1st last year, and collecting this coming Tuesday. Previously owned a Mk2 FRS (and hopefully, another soon). Long-term petrol head, keen biker, too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sup from South Carolina. Got my Shadow Black RS about two weeks ago! I got the RS2 package, 19" forged alloys w/ Cup 2s, and moon roof. Loving this beast of a car!
Past cars include: 1992 Chevy Beretta, 2004 Mini Cooper (non-S), 2010 Fusion, and a 2008 VW GTI (modded and tuned).
Best non-performance feature so far? Heated steering wheel.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello to all from Northern California. I purchased a Frozen White 2016 RS with RS2 last year in August after completing a two year lease on a Frozen White 2014 Fiesta ST. Loved that car! My current cars include a 02 Subaru WRX with a 04 Sti conversion (track car), 13 Subaru BRZ (daily), 89 Honda CRX SI (project/daily/autocross/for sale). Once I've added the Mountune B5 package with FMIC and upgrade air oil separator, I plan to both autocross and track the RS.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi all, I thought I posted on here first but i didn't... Northern California, SF Bay Area to be a little more specific. I got a Black 2017 RS2 in February one week after my wisdom tooth surgery. I needed something to smile about after all that pain. I've been smiling ear to ear every since :D I recently put it in the shop for a fully vinyl wrap. I'll post pictures once its ready to show!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi from the best city in the world Melbourne ! Looking to buy a Focus RS, not sure what colour or when but starting to do my research now on what to look out for.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello all,

My name is Nick from Northeast PA current vehicle is 2011 Kia Sorento :facepalm: plan on getting a RS by the end of this year. Still deciding on Nitrous Blue or Shadow Black. Couple of my previous cars: 93 240sx with a SR swap, 90 RX7 Tubo2, 85 Rabbit GTI, 85 Rx7 13b swap, 05 Civic Si, 16 Acura ILX (JUNK)

I'm excited to be a part of the community!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well, you are older than me. Not by much considering the crowd in the RS category. I will be moving into the 73 number next month. And, yeah, there is still the feelings of wanting to move it, at times. Had an 2004 SVT with 300+K km on it and was getting a bit sluggish, so I decided to go for it and buy an RS

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Fellow RS owners and all the unbridled auto enthusiasts out there-

I have been following this forum for about a year now. I can’t believe how fate has allowed me to become one of the elite to own this remarkable grin machine. I feel so fortunate to not only find a 2017 NB RS2 with all the options I wanted (moon roof & winter tires) less than 20 miles away from my home but for it to land in my garage for MSRP in one day is bliss.
About a month ago, I was just on the verge of taking a weekend trip to travel over 250 miles to just look at one. Mine became available because the guy who ordered it got tired of waiting for delivery and canceled. His loss is my gain. The dealership had it 2 days when I found out about it. They granted the rare opportunity to actually test drive one. Unclaimed, I bought it immediately. What a blast it has been.

I’m still debating the extended warrantee. Thoughts? This dealer has eroded my confidence in believing anything they say. For example the dealer is trying to talk me out of synthetic oil saying it is not worth the added surcharge. Didn’t come with synthetic? What? Also the maintenance schedule they are touting is every 10K. That seems a little light to me. For now I will delve into the forums, as an owner, to see what others are doing for oil and maintenance intervals etc. The first oil change at 10K? No, I want this car to last more than 36K miles. I do have to say that I haven’t been impressed with the dealer’s knowledge of the products they sell, especially one that is as cool as the RS.

My RS owner’s kit arrived the other day that included the shift knob that is now proudly displayed on my desk. Along with it came an invitation to the Adrenaline Academy. You can bet my wife and I will be out to Utah this summer to exchange the invitation in for the experience. Now, I need to teach her how to drive stick (in the Subaru of course), so she can partake in these events as well. Why should I be the only one in the house with permanent dimples in their cheeks?

Anyhow, I can’t wait to see you all out in the streets and roads driving one of America’s sublime automotive marvels while shaming lesser more expensive vehicles into the rear view mirror where they belong.

In the meantime, try not to smile so much. Didn’t your mom ever tell you that, “Your face will stay that way if you keep doing that”?

Regards,
Ken

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hello from Long Beach, CA!

My name's José and I picked up my 2017 Frozen White RS2 on April 15th. I've been drooling over turbocharged rally rockets for years, and the right one finally came along at the right time. I'm still in the early stages of enjoying my car and looking forward to many more heart-pumping miles.

Having been spoiled by a 2005 Honda S2000 for the last 10 years, I think one of my first mods will be to tighten/shorten up the RS' shifting. (The S2k will be for sale shortly if anyone is interested or knows someone who is.)

Other than that, I'm also excited that Mountune is only a few minutes up the freeway!

IMG_3395.JPG

Oh, and my little 3-year-old daughter will soon be riding around in this:

recaro.jpg

Recaros for everyone!

·
Registered
73 Posts
G'day, my name is Craig from Sydney Australia.
We just picked up a used 2016 focus Rs this week. Only 1000ks on it so pretty much brand new.
Uprgraded from a lancer Ralliart with a list of mods as long as your arm. Straight line performance feels quite similar but the handling of the Rs is out of this world and the grip from the pilot sport cup 2s is phenomenal. I have already fitted some rally armour mud flaps to stop the stone chips and have a k&n filter on the way and a Cobb accessport from mountune coming.
So far, really happy with the car and look forward to meeting fellow owners in oz.

·
5,582 Posts
Welcome to all..
:welcome2:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi everyone,i just purchased a 17 NB RS and pick it up May,1.I'm super excited and nervous at the same time. Time to start learning from the best about this beautiful machine.

greg

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey everyone, name is Justin and I'm from OK. just picked up my 17 RS 2 weeks ago. probably the best car I've ever had witch wouldn't be hard lol. my last car was a 13 STI and this car IMO is so much better. excited to stay up to date with everything RS.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Hey everyone!
Delighted to join the group. Picked up my new 2017 Focus RS - Nitrous Blue with RS2 package, sunroof and 19" forged black wheels on Saturday in SoCal.
I am excited and a bit apprehensive still justifying the new expense but sure why not, its done and the car will definitely diminish that soon.

I have been drive a mk6 VW GTI - tuned and modded a good bit - for the past five years and that is now passed on to the wife. It is DSG which is great so need to get used to the manual again.
Also need to get used to driving a manual on the other side of the car. I'm originally from Ireland (drives on the left - steering wheel on the right) and always drove manuals there - my last car there being a Seat Leon Cupra.

Dealer would only put in 87 octane when they gave the car so I need to get that through it quickly and get 91 in there and hopefully it will liven up a bit more.

So I have plenty of extensive research to do and am excited to be part of the community here.
Thanks.
Steven

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi,
I'm Chris and live in northeastern Illinois. I've been interested in the FoST when it came out, but always thought the minute I buy one Ford will build a better version. So I held out to see if I was right. Then rumors of the RS came out to prove me right. I tried to get an early one without luck. Then I tried just finding an allocation for msrp. I ordered a car last July and finally took delivery this week. I got a Frozen White RS2, sunroof, with forged wheels. I haven't put a ton of miles on it yet, but so far it's been fun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

41 - 60 of 145 Posts