Ford Focus RS Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Get the findway mats. They look much more oem than either of those mats and doesn't interfere with clutch travel at all.
I had Findaways for about 18 months. A hole wore where my heel sat. When I asked them about replacement, they said they would allow me to buy just drivers side for $33 IF I sent them a pic. LOL....I went with Husky Liners.

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I had Findaways for about 18 months. A hole wore where my heel sat. When I asked them about replacement, they said they would allow me to buy just drivers side for $33 IF I sent them a pic. LOL....I went with Husky Liners.
Wow, that blows for findaways, they need to take care of their customers.... well other manufacturers are like that too. :mad-new:

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I would say majority went with WT and Husky Liners, then the rest.

I prefer the WT.

Here's comparison between them:

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
I have the TuxMat front and back rows. Pricing was much cheaper than the weathertechs and they are designed by a Canadian company which I though was cool since I’m from Canada.

They cover the entire carpeted area and high up the dead pedal. I only trimmed a small portion up there around the steering column.

Plus they look real good (when clean), like a vinyl/leather finish. My girlfriend asked if she was allowed to actually get in the car the first them she saw them (I decided to let her in)!

They offer free shipping in Canada, dont know about shipping to the us but it should not be much (very light) and you get the advantage of us vs cad!

PS: I had the Weathertech in my ST and sold them to buy these when I got my RS. I found the Weathertech edges were too low and the dead pedal coverage not high enough! And they did not hold water from melted snow very well which was their main purpose.

https://www.tuxmat.ca/store/p243/ford-focus.html

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
I have the TuxMat front and back rows. Pricing was much cheaper than the weathertechs and they are designed by a Canadian company which I though was cool since I’m from Canada.

They cover the entire carpeted area and high up the dead pedal. I only trimmed a small portion up there around the steering column.

Plus they look real good (when clean), like a vinyl/leather finish. My girlfriend asked if she was allowed to actually get in the car the first them she saw them (I decided to let her in)!

They offer free shipping in Canada, dont know about shipping to the us but it should not be much (very light) and you get the advantage of us vs cad!

PS: I had the Weathertech in my ST and sold them to buy these when I got my RS. I found the Weathertech edges were too low and the dead pedal coverage not high enough! And they did not hold water from melted snow very well which was their main purpose.

Looks really nice and as you said the coverage on the dead pedal is much better.

The only thing it might steer me away is that the manufacturer does not recommend on manual tranny. I don't know if there is any exemption of liability there.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
No idea how you managed that... I've got 2 years/15k DD miles on mine and they still look new.

·
Premium Member
529 Posts

Looks really nice and as you said the coverage on the dead pedal is much better.

The only thing it might steer me away is that the manufacturer does not recommend on manual tranny. I don't know if there is any exemption of liability there.
You’re right I didnt notice that when I posted the link. I’m pretty sure it was not mentionned when I bought them over a yera ago.

They work perfectly fine on out cars except for that trim I made around the steering column so that it would fit better against the firewall. I dont really see how they could move at all being that they fit perfectly against all contours of the car.

Only thing I can see as you said is liability issue. Or warranty maybe they had issue with manual transmissions since we have to move our feet much more. That wear pad does the job for me so far no signs of wear on them, though I must admit I have cleaned them only once last spring!

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I would not mind to try the TuxMat especially they are inexpensive if I have not bought my WT.

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I ordered a trunk mat for my daughter's Chevy Aveo LT last Tuesday. The Mrs has been saying that the CupFone is great when she sees it on TV. So I ordered three. The trunk mat did not come in today it's ETA is tomorrow, but the Cupfones did:

I only ordered one set of billet knobs... for me of course!😁

Also three sticky sleeve for a snug fit.

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I got it installed with the billet knobs on my RS today:

21 - 32 of 32 Posts