Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done WeatherTech products from my previous and current vehicles.

Used to live in Portland and Minnesota, force of habit that regular carpet would not work for me.

I know there are other brands out there, I just stick with what I know/like Don'tChaKnow.

I just want to share some pics to y'all:

FloorLiners:

P_20180922_164626.jpg

You need to take off the OE floor mats at the front, It was challenging to pop it out.
P_20180922_170907.jpg
P_20180922_170941.jpg

The ones on the rear, the OE floor mats can stay. I still took mine off.
P_20180922_170929.jpg

TrunkLiner/w bumper protector:

P_20180922_170719.jpg
View attachment 313182

CarCoaster:

I considered the UK version conversion but since I use myh cup holder as my mobile holder, it would beat the purpose of closing it. I just want to protect if from sweaty drinks

P_20180922_171556.jpg
P_20180922_171626.jpg

TechShade Full vehicle kit:

P_20180922_172830.jpg
P_20180922_172843.jpg
P_20180922_172853.jpg
P_20180922_172901.jpg
P_20180922_173415.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,428 Posts
Got the same full weathertech setup sans the window coverings. All my windows have spectra nano ceramic tint so don’t need them. That roll in the hatch liner is the bomb. I use it every time I load my dog in the crate. Protects the bumper from her nails.

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm getting my tint and paint protection tomorrow. The window covering still helps, not unless you have this fancy 3M Crystalline tint. I got quoted and it cost 2x as the tint i usually get.
What kind of dog do you have?

we have an English, Pug and a Cockapoo.

We used to have another pug and a husky/wolf mix.

·
Premium Member
2,428 Posts
I'm getting my tint and paint protection tomorrow. The window covering still helps, not unless you have this fancy 3M Crystalline tint. I got quoted and it cost 2x as the tint i usually get.
What kind of dog do you have?

we have an English, Pug and a Cockapoo.

We used to have another pug and a husky/wolf mix.
A trained Mal. It’s a working dog. Had an imported GSD prior.

The Spectra nano is incredible. Did clear on the windshield too. Really helps immensely but I don’t park in the sun much. Car is garaged.

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's cool!

Mal are a very loyal breed.

I usually get the windshields done too. I have a two car garage.... well one car and a lot of crap.

need to clear out the garage so I can park my RS.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Their rear seat cover works well too. I did have to take it to an upholstery shop to mod it by having Velcro go across the whole bottom part. That way the middle seatbelt is usable.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Nice pictures, I changed to the euro cup holders myself, It can hold phones just fine. I just changed the spacing between the dividers and it holds a phone perfectly, will take a picture if I get a chance.

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice pictures, I changed to the euro cup holders myself, It can hold phones just fine. I just changed the spacing between the dividers and it holds a phone perfectly, will take a picture if I get a chance.
From what I seen, It's PITA to replace the center console.

You also lose the light.

I give props to the owners who did their conversion. For me it wouldn't matter as much...... for now..... maybe later. I just had my car for 2 weeks. :distracted:

·
Registered
607 Posts
From what I seen, It's PITA to replace the center console.
You also lose the light.
I give props to the owners who did their conversion. For me it wouldn't matter as much...... for now..... maybe later. I just had my car for 2 weeks. :distracted:
90 Minutes start to finish to replace the cupholder assembly without being that mechanical and I sorta kept the single LED, but it doesn't matter since 90% of the time I have the top rolled up.
Best thing I have ever done to a car, it's not easy easy, but it's also not hard if you follow the videos.

·
Registered
308 Posts
90 Minutes start to finish to replace the cupholder assembly without being that mechanical and I sorta kept the single LED, but it doesn't matter since 90% of the time I have the top rolled up.
Best thing I have ever done to a car, it's not easy easy, but it's also not hard if you follow the videos.
Agreed, the toughest part of the change is the stupid airbag light. That part alone took a long while for me.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Been running weathertech floor mats on all my vehicles for the last 10 years, always been happy of how they keep the dirt off all the way to the upper sections of the carpet. Really wished the designed the dead pedal section to cover the entire dead pedal (I always end up with a half worn-half good dead pedal).

Never looked into the car coasters, might just grab a couple. I don't usually keep drinks in the cup holder (usually have the phone in there) but that compartment tends to gather dirt, dust and grime over time that's tricky to clean without getting in there with some elbow grease.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Been running weathertech floor mats on all my vehicles for the last 10 years, always been happy of how they keep the dirt off all the way to the upper sections of the carpet. Really wished the designed the dead pedal section to cover the entire dead pedal (I always end up with a half worn-half good dead pedal).

Never looked into the car coasters, might just grab a couple. I don't usually keep drinks in the cup holder (usually have the phone in there) but that compartment tends to gather dirt, dust and grime over time that's tricky to clean without getting in there with some elbow grease.
Yeah I really liked the high sidewalls of weathertech floor mats but the half covered dead pedal is a deal breaker to me, so I got huskyliners instead.

for the cup holders I just wipe it with wet paper towels and vacuum it if necessary, but I'll admit the thing isn't high quality, it got used to a fat cup and now is loose for normal water bottles :/

·
Registered
21 Posts
Do these interfere with the clutch travel at all? I have Husky liners in mine and it gets in the way on the very end of the travel down by the floor. I'm debating whether or not to ditch these and change to weathertechs.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Do these interfere with the clutch travel at all? I have Husky liners in mine and it gets in the way on the very end of the travel down by the floor. I'm debating whether or not to ditch these and change to weathertechs.
Get the findway mats. They look much more oem than either of those mats and doesn't interfere with clutch travel at all.

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I don't have any issues with the pedals being caught on the floor mats or getting in the way of them.

Even on the gas pedal, after installing the gas pedal spacers i got.

I am happy with them.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I have the husky liners and they don't interfere with the clutch at all. Did the design change, or did you verify you got the right ones? If the anchor point is attached there shouldn't be an issue.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I have the husky liners and they don't interfere with the clutch at all. Did the design change, or did you verify you got the right ones? If the anchor point is attached there shouldn't be an issue.
They probably changed their design at some point. I got mine 2 years ago, and the clutch pedal definitely hits the mat all the way at the bottom. I'm used to it at this point, so no matter.

·
Premium Member
2,428 Posts
I don't have any issues with the pedals being caught on the floor mats or getting in the way of them.

Even on the gas pedal, after installing the gas pedal spacers i got.

I am happy with them.
Same, no issues whatsoever.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts