Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
WC Lathe Werks Burnt Blue Titanium RS Shiftknob Review

So last week I put in an order for my WC Lathe Werks custom RS shift knob and less than a week later, its here. Not only did it come in super quick, but Chris kept me updated on an almost daily basis, which to me is a big deal. Right out of the box, the quality is amazing. Nice weight, super solid. The laser engraving is very clean and subtle. After driving around with it installed, I'm hooked. The shifts are much smoother but you still get a healthy clunk when you lock into gear. Overall I'm impressed. Chris makes a quality custom product and delivers in a very reasonable amount time. Two thumbs up and very highly recommended!

http://www.lathewerks.com/shop/

Land vehicle Car Gear shift Vehicle Center console

·
Registered
512 Posts
Looks really nice. Is that just the straightforward blue, or is Burnt Blue a specific colour, because I don't see that as an option and the blue on the site looks a bit darker (could just be the lighting in your picture).

·
Registered
167 Posts
My interactions with Chris when i ordered mine were excellent....it really is a very interactive process and he's an all round good guy ;) I could post a pic of mine but it's a out and out clone of StevenP's...getting it from the U.S. and getting done for 'the Australia tax' I wanted to take NO chances ;) Helluva smart solid knob with great feel and weight.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Looks great, the blue finish is cool! I sent him the knob from my speed3 to have new threads put in to fit the RS. I debated on having an RS added as well, but too late now as it's due back any day. Looking forward to the weighted feel, used to love it in the speed.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I just ended up ordering this, but with the 4 narrow grooves on the bottom. I was thinking of going with the Elite VP knob at first, but this one in all blue looks so nice!

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
I was looking at these knobs in the beginning but couldn't justify the price for the elite one. That blue is really nice looking though.

Reactions: Chongge

·
Registered
742 Posts
Chris @ Lathewerks is an absolute legend. Best customer service and a great communicator. A very happy customer here from Australia.

Purchased this

All Large Grooves
Custom Logo And Shift Pattern
Blue Lettering
Burnt All Blue Finish

I also have 2 others on order
Focus RS Titanium Sphere - Blued Titanium - small grooves all round - Silver engraving
**New product yet to be released :)** waiting on delivery..next week..stay tuned

Cobalt blue Sphere Glass
Gear shift Vehicle Car Auto part Family car

·
Registered
742 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Such craftmanship from WC LatheWerks Again

Presenting the NEW Focus RS Elite HELIOS - CoPolymer Blue with Titanium Blue Base. This is a new item which I requested apart from the Standard Focus RS Elite VP Sphere. It has a Full Titanium Base, which will always remain Blue. It is not on his website yet, so be sure to email [email protected] & mention Damien

WC Lathe Werks | Truly Unique Shift Knobs, Proudly Hand-Crafted in The USA!

View attachment 75457

View attachment 75465
What is the one on the left/top? Is it all Titanium? And what type is this? Is it the titanium sphere?

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Looks pretty awesome. I think I would prefer the shift pattern in a white or silver though. How much did that bad boy cost?

Reactions: insanekiwi

·
Registered
943 Posts
Has anyone tried one of the "Piston" style shift knobs as yet? I'm interested in feedback on how those perform.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts