Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, just joined and wanted to give a little intro. Im 30 and I've been into cars for as long as I can remember. Up until last year I've had a few different cars but my favorite had always been Mazda. I had a Mazda 3 that I had done a bit of work on, but sadly had to give it up in favor of something bigger. Ford wowed me with the Flex redesign and that's what my wife and I got. Since then I had been holding out to see what Mazda would come up with for the next mazdaspeed, but they are dragging their as about that. That's when I discovered the RS and I'm so impressed that this weekend I'll be putting my deposit down for one from the dealer we got our Flex from. Since I'm going to be doing that I thought I might as well say HI instead of just lurking.

·
Super Moderator
1,948 Posts
Hey all, just joined and wanted to give a little intro. Im 30 and I've been into cars for as long as I can remember. Up until last year I've had a few different cars but my favorite had always been Mazda. I had a Mazda 3 that I had done a bit of work on, but sadly had to give it up in favor of something bigger. Ford wowed me with the Flex redesign and that's what my wife and I got. Since then I had been holding out to see what Mazda would come up with for the next mazdaspeed, but they are dragging their as about that. That's when I discovered the RS and I'm so impressed that this weekend I'll be putting my deposit down for one from the dealer we got our Flex from. Since I'm going to be doing that I thought I might as well say HI instead of just lurking.
Welcome Noodles! If you've found a good dealer that's willing to let these go for MSRP let us know :)

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Do some reading on here and figure out if the dealer has an "Open Allocation" to order an RS. If they don't have an allocation open, it's hard to say for sure that you'll be able to get a 2016 model year car. There are about a million opinions/stories, so really impossible to know what's true and what isn't. But it appears likely that "Allocated" cars will all be built first, and retail orders will be built *IF* Ford has the capacity to do so. If not, it appears that some (all??) retail orders could end up being 2017 cars. It was real important to me to be 100 percent sure I found a dealer who had an open allocation, because I can't wait until 2017 for a car.

Anyway, welcome in and enjoy! Read enough of the conspiracy theories here about ordering and you'll end up sitting sleepless in the corner of a dark room, scratching holes thru your skin, trying to dig the aliens out. Proceed cautiously. ;)

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Msrp? Adm?

hey all, just joined and wanted to give a little intro. Im 30 and i've been into cars for as long as i can remember. Up until last year i've had a few different cars but my favorite had always been mazda. I had a mazda 3 that i had done a bit of work on, but sadly had to give it up in favor of something bigger. Ford wowed me with the flex redesign and that's what my wife and i got. Since then i had been holding out to see what mazda would come up with for the next mazdaspeed, but they are dragging their as about that. That's when i discovered the rs and i'm so impressed that this weekend i'll be putting my deposit down for one from the dealer we got our flex from. Since i'm going to be doing that i thought i might as well say hi instead of just lurking.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Going in to discuss the details this weekend. I have bought a few cars from this dealer in the past including the Flex. They have always been good about giving me a no BS price. I contacted them as soon as they found out their allocations were open and they areally actually saving me 1 of their 3, the oher 2 are already gone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
Noodles
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing