Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone looked into the warranty for this car? Basic miles and years? What about drift mode etc. will this play a part into the warranty since you will be beating on the car a bit more? How do you feel about the modes with the warranty?

·
Registered
561 Posts
I'm not worried if I keep it stock and you aren't banging it off redline for minutes on end. I'm mostly worried if(when) I get a tune what the odds are of things breaking with launch control. It keeps me up at night...

·
Registered
334 Posts
A tune is easy enough to flash if ever something breaks and the car is still under warranty.

Also, as this car will be my daily, I will probably look into shipping around to get the best price on an extended warranty.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Lol, flash it back to stock if you break it...
Dont buy a 3rd party warranty... Everyone knows thats a waste of money. Also I wont buy an extended warranty from the dealer at the time of purchase bc you might sell the car, you might total the car, you might void the warranty. If you are getting close to the end most manufacturers will let you opt in and buy it at a higher price then but at least you didnt get a "deal" and buy it for a car that will never get into that range.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I dont plan on modding my RS and it will be my dd, so I do hope it has a decent manufactures warranty. Not planning on getting an extended one from a 3rd party however.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Most likely 3yr/36,000 mile b-2-b, 5yr/60,000 mile powertrain.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Hope it's not weak like subarus. Subaru only covered one out of four engines on my STi.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts