Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been brought to my attention that someone has been offering a set of winter wheels for sale in CA using a picture that I posted on this forum sometime ago. If someone is using this picture beware!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
459 Posts
Also I'll call him out since it was me he tried to scam. He immediately told me to email him. The name on the email was Brian Taylor or [email protected]. Tries to request payment in only money gram or Western Union. Guys a joke. He's not even original to pull scam photos off a site we all don't visit frequently.

Nitrous Blue RS2

·
Super Moderator
16,593 Posts
This is just another reason we have forum rules when posting in the market place. (Username and date on a card, specifically)

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is just another reason we have forum rules when posting in the market place. (Username and date on a card, specifically)
It was @Euroayres that brought it to my attention. I don't think it was posted on the forum specifically, but a PM in response to his WTB post.

·
Super Moderator
16,593 Posts
It was @Euroayres that brought it to my attention. I don't think it was posted on the forum specifically, but a PM in response to his WTB post.

OK, I'll check this out.

·
Registered
143 Posts
What a ****ing loser.

·
Super Moderator
16,593 Posts
UPDATE: this scam is still around but this time it's for a set of forged wheels.

I just banned edharp from the forum for running a similar scam by PMing members.

This is why we have marketplace rules to help protect our members.

If you come across similar just doesn't seem right offers make sure to PM the Mod team, we'll check it out and take the appropriate action.

·
Super Moderator
16,593 Posts
WARNING: Tire scam has evolved once again.

Once again the scammer directly PMs your account.

This time the person is representing their Aunt who had a serious a serious accident with her car and it's damaged beyond repair.

Scammer states they're willing to sell the wheels (with tires and TPMS), shockers, exhaust and some other good parts from the car.

Aunt is down in Florida and will arrange shipping.

Willing to sell cheap and doesn't need the wheels or parts anymore.

Mentioned her name is Mrs. Margaret Parker and uses email: [email protected].

Forum members, thanks for reporting this incident, culprit has been banned.

·
Registered
403 Posts
WARNING: Tire scam has evolved once again.

Once again the scammer directly PMs your account.

This time the person is representing their Aunt who had a serious a serious accident with her car and it's damaged beyond repair.

Scammer states they're willing to sell the wheels (with tires and TPMS), shockers, exhaust and some other good parts from the car.

Aunt is down in Florida and will arrange shipping.

Willing to sell cheap and doesn't need the wheels or parts anymore.

Mentioned her name is Mrs. Margaret Parker and uses email: [email protected].

Forum members, thanks for reporting this incident, culprit has been banned.
Thanks for being on top of this. It's nice to be a member of a forum where the mods call BS right away when they find a problem and actively ban people. Thank you. ??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well, now it's on eBay....

Too new to post link but you can search eBay item 202456470961 or search Ford Focus RS Winter Wheels...

·
Registered
17 for focus rs
16 Posts
Also I'll call him out since it was me he tried to scam. He immediately told me to email him. The name on the email was Brian Taylor or [email protected]. Tries to request payment in only money gram or Western Union. Guys a joke. He's not even original to pull scam photos off a site we all don't visit frequently.

Funny i just posted yesterday looking for wheels n I got pm for somone who made account yesterday saying if im interested to text him.. And says hes from Cali too, now im curious im gonna dig deaper

·
Super Moderator
16,593 Posts
Be careful out there peeps. This scam evolves and pops back up from time to time. Consider post count and reputation in the forum before making a decision to purchase. Another note, did the member follow the posting rules? Beware of random messages offering to sell items. If you experience this, message me or any other online Mod and we’ll look into their account. If you go take the hook at least use something like PayPal for payment to give you some type of assurance you’ll have a chance at getting your money back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: FullyFocusedRs
1 - 12 of 12 Posts