Premium Member
7,189 Posts
What's wrong with your Recirc Valve?

·
Registered
2017 Focus RS
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a Turbosmart BOV and I need to Smog the RS, I want to have an OEM one ready in case i get failed on the visual inspection.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
If you get stuck , I have one here.

·
Premium Member
7,189 Posts
I have a Turbosmart BOV and I need to Smog the RS, I want to have an OEM one ready in case i get failed on the visual inspection.
Get it smogged, you should be fine

If you get issues with the visual, just let us know. I'm local to you, we can meet up. I still have my OE one, took it out less than two weeks from buying my RS.

·
Registered
2017 Focus RS
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Finally drove the RS enough to get all the systems ready to be smoged.
I’ll be taking it on Tuesday.
you can’t really take the RS out for a calm drive right? Everyone wants to race you LOL.

·
Premium Member
7,189 Posts
Finally drove the RS enough to get all the systems ready to be smoged.
I’ll be taking it on Tuesday.
you can’t really take the RS out for a calm drive right? Everyone wants to race you LOL.

Yep, that's what you will experience when you drive it in San Diego.

I would say though its more low profile to the 5-0 compared to the JDM cars.

I don't think you would have an issue with the visual for the BOV since they will not go that far on a SMOG place, the State ref on the other hand......

·
Registered
2017 Focus RS
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep, that's what you will experience when you drive it in San Diego.

I would say though its more low profile to the 5-0 compared to the JDM cars.

I don't think you would have an issue with the visual for the BOV since they will not go that far on a SMOG place, the State ref on the other hand......
the thing is that the guy doing the smoke already drove the RS when he did the brakes and lights inspection and he heard the BOV LOL., so im thinking that it might be best to take it to a different place to get it smoged.

·
Premium Member
7,189 Posts
Where did you get it Smoged?

·
Registered
2017 Focus RS
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It’s a place a few blocks from my house, corner of Del Sol and picador in San Ysidro.
but I also know of a place in Otay, I think I’ll take it there

·
Premium Member
7,189 Posts
Across from Church's chicken?

Yeah, bring it to the one at Otay, just be off boost when you are close by just to be safe.

They just need to plug in the OBD port to read, does not need to be on the sniffer or rollers so it wont go psssshhhhhh!

·
Registered
2017 Focus RS
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yea, that place At the Arco station, the Guy is cool, I’ve taken a few cars there to do smog and brakes and light, but none had a loud BoV LOL…
thanks, I’ll let you know how it went

·
Registered
2017 Focus RS
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I took it to another smog place and the guy did noticed the Mountune Intercooler, hoses and the Mishimoto Intake, but i was prepaired with the CARB info.
He didnt notice the Turbosmart BOV..... so it passed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts