Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
If you are in San Diego, you could probably go to a Ford dealership in San Diego or to a Ford dealership near San Diego. This is what I would recommend to do for you in San Diego.

By the way, prepare to get raped with additional dealer markup (ADM)

Where in San Diego can order an rs in San Diego ?

·
Registered
471 Posts
Don't go to a dealership in San Diego unless you are prepared to pay at least a $5,000 markup. Try Washington, Oregon, Nevada, etc... A $150 plane ticket will save you $5,000.
I live in California and I'm going up to Oregon to get mine at MSRP no markup.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Don't go to a dealership in San Diego unless you are prepared to pay at least a $5,000 markup. Try Washington, Oregon, Nevada, etc... A $150 plane ticket will save you $5,000.
I live in California and I'm going up to Oregon to get mine at MSRP no markup.

What dealer in Oregon?

·
Registered
213 Posts
What dealer in Washington for that matter as well... I'm thinking its going to start getting very difficult to find unspoken for allocations, especially at MSRP.

·
Registered
471 Posts
What dealer in Oregon?
What dealer in Washington for that matter as well... I'm thinking its going to start getting very difficult to find unspoken for allocations, especially at MSRP.

I got the LAST allocation yesterday. My order was confirmed as their 3rd allocation, the last one they had. I'm hoping that all 3 allocations come in spring and I don't have to wait till the 2nd or 3rd Quarter of 2016 for delivery.
THIS is what you need to do: go on google, call EVERY Ford dealership in Oregon until you find one that has an allocation left, then see what they are offering. If they say they have a added markup of $5,000 then tell them you have other options from out of state for a better deal, but you'd prefer to stay local if they can beat the offer you will stay local instead of going out of state. I had multiple dealers offering me one of their allocated cars at $2,500 or $5,000 added markup and if you tell them you will just go out of state instead, they might drop it down for you. It is worth trying!!!

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
And make sure if you go out of CA that the dealer knows that they can check a box on the order form for "Non-Calif order for Calif registration". If you don't have that box checked you will not be able to register in CA until you have 7500 (or more) miles on the odometer.

Jim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts