Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story but the short of it is I had my tires swapped out by the dealer, came with the wrong tires. I had a set of Muteki lugs put on before the swap. Dealer did a good job protecting the wheels and calipers but failed to torque down 1 lug. This came off and just noticed this yesterday. Now... you cannot normally buy the 1 off lug and have to buy the full set. Todd, @VividRacing, was able to help me find a 1 off lug. This may not always be the case as sometimes they are just not able to find what you need but taking the time to look and research is what counts. I would have been ok either way as I know Todd had my best interest in mind.

And then there was RS talk for twenty minutes... Can't get enough of that!

Thanks again @VividRacing and Todd.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Long story but the short of it is I had my tires swapped out by the dealer, came with the wrong tires. I had a set of Muteki lugs put on before the swap. Dealer did a good job protecting the wheels and calipers but failed to torque down 1 lug. This came off and just noticed this yesterday. Now... you cannot normally buy the 1 off lug and have to buy the full set. Todd, @VividRacing, was able to help me find a 1 off lug. This may not always be the case as sometimes they are just not able to find what you need but taking the time to look and research is what counts. I would have been ok either way as I know Todd had my best interest in mind.

And then there was RS talk for twenty minutes... Can't get enough of that!

Thanks again @VividRacing and Todd.

Jeff
Doesn't surprise me. Todd is one cool dude. Hopefully he told you about his sick S2K.

Reactions: IronManRSOWNER

·
Vendor
702 Posts
I'll find some pics for you guys! Thanks to IronManRSOWNER for suggesting I call my vendor. I think we were both right in assuming that they wouldn't sell us just one lug nut for a replacement, however when you just sent over a PO to them for $95k in wheels, they're pretty darn accommodating!

Thanks for the shout out and the conversation. Today thanks to IronManRSOwner I can tell you I learned something new and those are my favorite kind of days!

Todd

1 - 4 of 4 Posts