Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Don't know if this guy is speaking all truth or not but 5:10 in, he says the car will weigh less than the ST. :cool:

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
The guys from Ford performance were saying at the show that it weighed less than the ST. That said, I doubt the production model will. That RS had tons of carbon fiber on it

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Same platform, larger brakes, larger wheels, Larger cooling system, Engine I'm sure is about the same in weight, AWD system. I don't see how, Oh maybe the RS will only have a 6 gallon fuel tank, that would give them about 50 lbs to work with lol.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I don't like it when he started talking about pricing. He said something like "look at the price of the WRX STI, then consider the performance of the RS, and you'll get a good understanding of the final price."

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Don't worry about it. We know more than they do. They are wonks, taking about one of many car, not enthusiast or potential owners who scrutinize and memorize every detail. I know one of the guys in the video and questioned some of what was said. I won't comment publicly on what was said, but lets just say they ad-lib a bit.

·
Super Moderator
15,474 Posts
Whew, I'm glad I didn't get caught on audio having a few words with one of the presenters that told me I couldn't take photos of underneath the FoRS.

·
Super Moderator
15,474 Posts
No wonder the personnel on the platform didn't want me to look underneath the vehicle, I would've seen the masking tape from the respray.

What I don't get is the fact that the Ford personnel kept saying this vehicle was one of two prototypes. Then came the mention of the first and only SG.

If this was a re-paint then this vehicle is still one of one.

·
Super Moderator
15,474 Posts
I know there are plenty of SG FoST vehicles in Europe since it's a current option there.

Just not necessarily a FoRS since there hasn't been a spyshot surfacing yet.

Either way it's been a few weeks of non reporting for the platform.

What would make my day would be to see a FoRS mule roaming the streets around my area.

·
Registered
171 Posts
@st2focus - I heard ONCE that it was one of two US-spec RS in the world. They probably have a couple more overseas.

·
Super Moderator
1,948 Posts
Isn't there also a white one somewhere in the US? Pretty sure I also saw a black one spotted in Europe somewhere?

1 - 20 of 66 Posts