Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let the discussion begin! I'm looking forward to seeing where you guys take this but I did an interesting experiment to get a before and after installing my mountune yellow sport springs. Please read the description in the video and watch the ENTIRE video before commenting as the results are not immediately obvious the first time you watch.

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
mmmmkay. I watched the entire video... I even read the description.

Now I think The way you overlaid the videos from before + after, it makes it a little difficult to see which is which. I know you say watch the darker glasses. But I'm thinking a side by side video might be easier to judge. You did do a phenomenal job of syncing the two videos. you get props for that.

Do you feel that the springs make the car more comfortable on the highway? Was this also just springs, and not complete coil overs? if so, I'll have to get some of these.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I understand its pretty hard to watch maybe I'll do a side by side as well so its easier for some people to see. I personally think they feel softer for some of the reasons I mentioned in the description (high frequency pogoing is gone and replaced with low frequency, which doesn't bother me as much). This was literally just the yellow UK mountune sport springs. I haven't done anything else to the car suspension/handling wise.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I chose to go with the mountune yellows too. So glad they changed policy on usa shipping. Maybe one day they will stock the yellows here in usa so we dont have to pay for the huge shipping. I put them on today and combined with the 17 in rims and fatter tires, the ride seems to be exactly where I want it now.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Good work, though I'm unclear of your assessment. Pogo gone?

Mountune Black SS are apparently stiffer than stock springs, and tune out the pogo well.
Any info on Yellow vs Black spring rate specs?

Did you let your spring install settle and do a subsequent alignment?

Any further feedback? Ideally, I believe we are looking for a single response to a 'bump' vs the stock many responses.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good work, though I'm unclear of your assessment. Pogo gone?

Mountune Black SS are apparently stiffer than stock springs, and tune out the pogo well.
Any info on Yellow vs Black spring rate specs?

Did you let your spring install settle and do a subsequent alignment?

Any further feedback? Ideally, I believe we are looking for a single response to a 'bump' vs the stock many responses.
Sorry if its unclear. Basically what I'm saying is the pogo isn't gone, its merely been changed to pogo at a lower frequency, which I think is an improvement. I don't know about the difference in spring rates. I drove around for a week on three of the springs and then the last spring was put on and I took the video the next day after 30 miles of driving or so. Doing an alignment this week and I'll let you all know if anything changes (I'm not expecting it to).

Other feedback is the car gives me more confidence in the corner as you don't feel hyper sensitive over bumps. The high frequency pogo that you sometimes get mid corner if you hit a bump is gone making the car feel much more planted.

·
Registered
388 Posts
ahaha nice try I have a big problem with the car right now (only in summer wheels I must say) and was thinking of how to show the pogo-ing on a video...I'm looking at a shaking detector smartphone app dont' know if it'll work its probably going to be too sensitive

1 - 8 of 8 Posts