Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Vendor
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are always improving our craft and product and these improvements once tested are passed down to you. Very happy to announce that The Focus RS Flash Tune V3.00 has been released today. The summary of updates are:

57414069_1875172252582342_2293156869822218240_n.jpg

Version 2.10 to 3.00:

- Optimized ignition timing
- Optimized torque targets and limits
- Adjusted throttle response for smoother take-off and low speed driving
- Optimized fueling targets
- Set default OAR to -0.75 upon reflash

Any new flash tune orders will get the latest version. If you are running an older flash tune and want just the updates added to your tune - this can be done via a version update below:

Version Update

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I have been contemplating trying a Stratified tune just to see what the grass is like on the other side. Currently running Mountune

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Wishes these version updates came for free for those who have already purchased a tune (like my past tunes from previous tuners/cars) but I appreciate the continued support. Might just purchase this update since its been almost a year since (went from ver 1.30 to 2.00).

·
Registered
216 Posts
We are always improving our craft and product and these improvements once tested are passed down to you. Very happy to announce that The Focus RS Flash Tune V3.00 has been released today. The summary of updates are:

View attachment 327020

Version 2.10 to 3.00:

- Optimized ignition timing
- Optimized torque targets and limits
- Adjusted throttle response for smoother take-off and low speed driving
- Optimized fueling targets
- Set default OAR to -0.75 upon reflash

Any new flash tune orders will get the latest version. If you are running an older flash tune and want just the updates added to your tune - this can be done via a version update below:

Version Update
Would you guys be able to revise how the pop/crackles are done on the RS? I know currently every tuner uses the built in pops for the RS but I was looking to see if anytime in the future you could try the same type of crackles as the ST. While the ST crackles are a lot more work, they sound so much better in my opinion.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi Alex,

Quick question, is it possible to have the exhaust valve opened all the time on the Sport/Racing driving mode with one of your OTS tunes? like how the updated standard v300 Cobb Tunes work - i think that would be a really awesome feature to have!

https://cobbtuning.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/PRS/pages/86081550/Ford+Focus+RS+Map+Notes

Exhaust Valve activation, modes, and thresholds modified.
Normal: Exhaust valve closed unless above 90% APP.
Sport / Track / Drift: Exhaust valve open at all times above 120*F / 49* C ECT.
Cold Start: Exhaust valve closed until 120*F / 49*C ECT then valve position is dictated by driving mode (Normal, Sport, etc...) as outlined above.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanks 320icar, there is a option listed on the Stratified website for [Exhaust Valve Always Open (Focus RS) ( +$5.00USD )] and i have tried that, but it was to noisy for me to live with daily. - having it switchable via the the car mode [Normal, Sport, Track etc] like the Cobb standard tunes would be ideal.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Ordered the v3.00 update flash tune for gits n shiggles. Been happily running JST the past 3 months or so, lots of daily driving and just did a track day last week (E30). I'll flash back to my v2.00 Stratified tune to drive around in for the next few days until I get the v3.00 to get a feel for the changes. If it comes soon enough, I might be able to get to try it at the same track too!

·
Registered
811 Posts
Hi Alex,

Quick question, is it possible to have the exhaust valve opened all the time on the Sport/Racing driving mode with one of your OTS tunes? like how the updated standard v300 Cobb Tunes work - i think that would be a really awesome feature to have!

https://cobbtuning.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/PRS/pages/86081550/Ford+Focus+RS+Map+Notes

Exhaust Valve activation, modes, and thresholds modified.
Normal: Exhaust valve closed unless above 90% APP.
Sport / Track / Drift: Exhaust valve open at all times above 120*F / 49* C ECT.
Cold Start: Exhaust valve closed until 120*F / 49*C ECT then valve position is dictated by driving mode (Normal, Sport, etc...) as outlined above.
I'm not sure why this isn't carried over. This function is perfect.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
So just wanted to update on my experience with the Stratified ver 3.0 flash tune update.

As mentioned earlier, I was originally running a JST combo tune (91ACN/E30) and decided to give the 3.0 update a try. To get a better feel for the changes, I went ahead and flashed back to my previous v2.00 tune for a week until I got my v3.00 update.

Street: Smooth as usual. I did notice that take off from stop was much improved. I used to get very jittery take-offs from stop on v2.0 and would get bucked back and forth when cruising around at partial throttle (~10-15 mph in the parking lot). That seems to have been alleviated on the update.

Track: Very similar to v2.0. Car was running E30 and was set to track mode. Power delivery was smooth as usual and most of the torque came in early, which allowed me to up-shift earlier than usual (~5.5k rpm). Throttle response seemed to be improved as well, allowing for better control of the RDU.

vs JST: After running 2 sessions on the v3.00, I went ahead and switched over to my previous JST tune. Power delivery was very different, with noticeably more power higher up in the rev range. I actually had to retrain myself to stay on the throttle much longer since I've gotten used to shifting earlier while on the Stratified tune. The throttle mapping in track mode was much more aggressive and actually made it easier to control the car using the RDU (starting to understeer? mash the gas!)

TLDR Overall, it was an ok update. Not a huge jump imho coming from v2.00 but I do like the slight improvements in take-off and low speed drivability. I also like how the tip-in throttle response was improved, specially at the track, where I can better fine tune the car's line using the RDU. If you have an older version (v1.0 or v1.3), I think its still worth the update, but if you are running v2.0 or later, I would pass on it.

Even though I'm over all happy with the update, I think I'll still be sticking with the JST tune since if "feels" more fun at the track and friskier on the street.

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
So just wanted to update on my experience with the Stratified ver 3.0 flash tune update.

As mentioned earlier, I was originally running a JST combo tune (91ACN/E30) and decided to give the 3.0 update a try. To get a better feel for the changes, I went ahead and flashed back to my previous v2.00 tune for a week until I got my v3.00 update.

Street: Smooth as usual. I did notice that take off from stop was much improved. I used to get very jittery take-offs from stop on v2.0 and would get bucked back and forth when cruising around at partial throttle (~10-15 mph in the parking lot). That seems to have been alleviated on the update.

Track: Very similar to v2.0. Car was running E30 and was set to track mode. Power delivery was smooth as usual and most of the torque came in early, which allowed me to up-shift earlier than usual (~5.5k rpm). Throttle response seemed to be improved as well, allowing for better control of the RDU.

vs JST: After running 2 sessions on the v3.00, I went ahead and switched over to my previous JST tune. Power delivery was very different, with noticeably more power higher up in the rev range. I actually had to retrain myself to stay on the throttle much longer since I've gotten used to shifting earlier while on the Stratified tune. The throttle mapping in track mode was much more aggressive and actually made it easier to control the car using the RDU (starting to understeer? mash the gas!)

TLDR Overall, it was an ok update. Not a huge jump imho coming from v2.00 but I do like the slight improvements in take-off and low speed drivability. I also like how the tip-in throttle response was improved, specially at the track, where I can better fine tune the car's line using the RDU. If you have an older version (v1.0 or v1.3), I think its still worth the update, but if you are running v2.0 or later, I would pass on it.

Even though I'm over all happy with the update, I think I'll still be sticking with the JST tune since if "feels" more fun at the track and friskier on the street.
That's my one complaint with my stratified custom tune; bucking at low rpm and low speeds. The factory tune doesn't do this, so it's definitely something wonky going on in the Stratified files.

My fix? Don't drive that slow. :p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts